Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse - Part Time PM - Earn $20.00-$23.50/hr
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides supportive services, direct and indirect resident care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Provides person-centered resident care following nursing and medical orders as delegated by the RN.
- Assists in updating and revising plan of care and care flowsheets.
- Performs technical nursing skills under the direct supervision of the RN safely and according to current policies and procedures.
- Participates in resident and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation in the medical record.
- Delegates resident care activities to appropriate personnel and supervises those activities as necessary.
- Recognizes changes in signs and symptoms and promptly reports resident condition to the RN.
- Follows the multidisciplinary plan of care/teaching plan to address resident needs.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Assists other team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Degree from an accredited Practical Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Licensed Practical Nurse or if a new Graduate Nurse, eligible to take boards for licensure.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of
employment in position.
- Other certifications may be required by individual departments.
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director.
- Extensive contact with residents and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff, physicians and staff from other patient care departments.
- Work is performed largely in a nursing home environment or in the patient's home.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- Regularly exposed to hazardous materials such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.