Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Intern - OB
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs supportive services, direct and indirect patient care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care commensurate with educational preparation following nursing and medical orders as delegated by the RN.|
- Assists in updating and revising plan of care and care flowsheets.
- Incorporates patient teaching in the patient plan of care.
- Performs technical nursing skills under the direct supervision of the RN safely and according to current policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies, including, but not limited to medications, blood and IV therapy.
- Recognizes changes in signs and symptoms and promptly reports patient condition to the RN.
- Follows the multidisciplinary plan of care to address patient needs.
- Documents according to established standards.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Nursing student from an accredited school of nursing.
- Completion of first year of nursing program's clinical experience.
- BLS certification within 6 months.
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director of the department and RN.
- Works directly with all nursing staff.
- Occasional contact with staff from other patient care departments.
- Extensive contact with patients.
- Regular contact with families.
- Occasional contact with the public.
- Work is performed largely in a hospital home environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, has risk of electrical shock and radiation
- Occasionally work in outside weather conditions, wet/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regular exposure to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.