Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Using ADP)
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3638
Full-time, Day Shift, 8:00am-4:30pm; M-F
Req # 3638
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Works with the team to continuously improve, appropriately document and effectively follow work processes.
- Oversee electronic Time & Attendance process. Processes and performs all payroll related duties.
- Assist Department Directors with corrections.
- Builds file for direct deposit and transmits up-to-date payroll.
- Runs final reports and maintains filing of reports.
- Processes, maintains and creates necessary payroll reports for each reporting period as appropriate.
- Maintains all payroll & HRIS tables and controls in ADP.
- Processes all employee changes not automated in ADP.
- Tests, maintains, inspects automated system outputs, and updates all payroll software.
- Maintains feed files to ensure employee information interfaces with various databases i.e.., LMS.
- Assists with year-end preparation for facility audits.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from other departments in a courteous and professional manner while maintaining the confidentiality.
- Resolves problems within level of expertise and experience and/or reports them to the Compensation and Benefits Coordinator and VP HR when appropriate.
- Assists with various audits, as needed.
- Keeps current with all federal and state wage & hour and payroll laws.
- Prepare payroll, vouchers, journal entries, and all tax payments.
- Processes electronic deposits for payroll to local bank, tax form 941 and state tax deposits.
- Prepares, distributes, and submits all quarterly reports and W-2s.
- Prepares and files all government reports, assuring the forms are correctly computed and mailed to meet required deadlines.
- Responsible for all benefits-records administration.
- Coordinates the day-to-day processing of benefit programs.
- Coordinates open enrollment for employees.
- Educate and assist with employee enrollment. Consult with employees about their benefit programs.
- Manages enrollment of new employees, changes, terminations. Updates employee records.
- Maintains and reconciles payroll deductions with applicable benefits invoices. Performs routine audits related to census and billings. Assumes responsibility of timely payment of monthly premiums.
- Submits electronic file feed to appropriate insurance vendors
- Coordinates COBRA benefit information and payments for health and dental insurance.
- Assists with ACA required reporting for health insurance coverage (1095C forms).
- Orients new employees to ADP access, introduction to menus, punches, enrollment and resources.
- First contact for employees. Completes first report of injury.
- Responds to United Heartland requests for information.
- Responsible for workers compensation processing for employees; including submission of initial claim, data entry into the workers compensation system and notification to the carrier of the employees medical status and/or return to work.
- Bachelors degree in human resources or a related discipline, such as business or finance required
- Credentials such as the Certified Benefits Professional administered by WorldatWork or the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist administered by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
- Strong mathematical/analytical skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to handle data with great accuracy and speed.
- Must be able to work independently, interpret information and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and processes.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Word, Advanced Excel.
- Three years of experience administering payroll (use of ADP preferred).
- Reports directly to the VP Human Resources.
- Frequent contact with employees.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!