Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Point of Entry Screener - Part Time to Full Time Hours Available
at Divine Savior Healthcare
By following established protocol, the Point of Entry Screener will assist in minimizing risk of COVID exposure and spread to our facilities. The Point of Entry Screener will perform temperature screening, inquiring about the presence of symptoms and ensuring that current visitor and vendor restrictions to the building are followed.
Job Specific Duties
- Explain to personnel the purpose of the screening.
- Administer and interpret temperature range of each employee using digital temporal devices according to manufacturers instructions and established protocol
- Ensure the right to privacy and confidentiality of anyone identified as a suspected case are maintained.
- Should a person be identified by the screening assessment to be a suspected case, they should be asked to leave the facility and directed as how to follow up on their symptoms.
- Ensure screening area is set up with clinical waste bags, patient information, as per addendum.
- Implement full infection control precautions
- May be asked to transport a wheelchaired patient or visitor to their destination within the building
- Maintaining safe distance between individuals in line for screening
- Safely dispose of all disposable PPE including single use items such as gloves
- Hands should be sanitized before donning required PPE.
- Operation of a laser thermometer ensuring this is disinfected after every use
- Ensure the workspace is tidied and all clinical waste is sealed in doubled clinical waste bags and secured with identity tag.
- Manage all the clinical waste and ensure it is disposed of safely
- Keep track of stock level for masks, thermometer covers, etc.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant personality with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Customer service oriented
- Ethical understanding of patient processes, confidentiality, and personal health information (PHI) data management
- Some patient care experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve quickly and in a calm manner
- Awareness of general infection prevention practices