Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time Days - $15,000 Sign On Bonus w/ +1 yr exp.
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Assisted living nursing practice requires a holistic approach in order optimized and maintain, if not improve, resident's function, independence, engagement with the environment and with others, maximize well-being and quality of life. The practice of nursing in assisted living is driven by the resident's preferences, supporting them in their choices. The Nurse's role incorporates a variety of activities such as counseling, health educator, direct clinical care (e.g. wound management), medication management, and helping residents access the health care system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment related to function and physical status of the resident pre-admission, on admission, during acute changes in condition, annually from the admission date.
- Care planning: using information gathered during the assessment process, development of a care plan, communication of the care to the resident, Proxy, and other relevant members of the health care team; oversight of care implementation by assistive staff; recognition of deviation from plan.
- Medication management: testing of individual residents to determine ability for self administration of medication, oversight of medication storage and administration.
- Development and oversight of a health promotion and disease prevent program that includes administration of immunizations as appropriate, development of protocols for infectious disease management such as flu outbreaks, herpes zoster, C difficile, and tuberculosis as relevant to the site.
- Development and oversight of a philosophy of care that is focused on optimizing function of all resident through physical activity and exercise activities.
- Accountability of care practices (self and assistive staff) and that care will be provided with the best interest of the resident in mind to assure the prevention of complications and the highest possible function and quality of life of the individual.
- Orientation and ongoing in-service for all staff as relevant to the needs of the resident and the community.
- Assists supervisor in the development of departmental policies and procedures
- Documents according to established standards.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies.
- Teach CBRF training for standard precautions, medication administration and management, fire safety, First Aid and Choking per WI CBRF training requirements as indicated.
- On call responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse of if new Graduate Nurse, eligibile to take boards for licensure.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification.
- Prefer CBRF trainer for Standard Precautions, Medication Administration and Management, Fire Safety, and First Aid and Choking, must be approved and follow the requirements found on the Wisconsin Community-Based Care and Treatment Training Registry).
- Experience supervising RA's and CNA's is preferred.
- Reports directly to the Manager of Assisted Living and indirectly utilize all knowledge and protocols from the nursing department. Will attend department meetings as appropriate to stay educated.
- Works closely with all CNA's and RA's.
- Regular contact with patients, residents, visitors and all organization employees.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant assisted living or nursing home environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat and electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material such as needle punctures and exposure to blood and body fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move supplies or equipment over 75 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.