Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time - Nights
at Divine Savior Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and provides comprehensive patient care. Manages available nursing resources and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to provide quality, cost effective patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Provides patient and family focused care throughout stay.
- Initiates and follows individualized plan of care.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Evaluates patient assessments and responses to interventions and takes appropriate action according to established standards.
- Establishes and evaluates progress toward mutual goals and measurable outcomes with patients and families.
- Acts as a preceptor for other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Participates in patient and family education as evidenced by teaching documentation in the medical record.
- Delegates patient care activities to appropriate personnel and supervises those activities.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team to develop effective discharge and referral plans on admission utilizing appropriate organization and community resources.
- Accurately and effectively utilizes the patient acuity system (MESH).
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge with required competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse or eligible to take boards for licensure if new Graduate Nurse.
- BLS within 6 months. Other certifications may be required by individual departments.
Work Relationship for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director of the department.
- Extensive contact with patients and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff, physicians and staff from other patient care departments.
Working Conditions for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Work is performed largely in a hospital environment.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of radiation.
- Regularly exposed to hazardous materials such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.