Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group and the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. We go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. When you join Envoy, you’ll be joining a stable, secure, and fast growing airline. Are you ready for take-off?
Envoy is happy to offer:
- Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time & part-time employees
- Company-matched 401(k) savings plan
- American Airlines Profit Sharing
- Career development
Airport Agents perform a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running safely, efficiently and on-time. This position may also be known as a Station Agent or Customer Care Operations Agent. In this cross functional role, Agents have combined duties within ramp service and customer service operations. Are you looking for a new challenge every day? Do you enjoy working with people? Do you get a feeling of satisfaction from seeing something through from start to a successful finish? If yes, we want you to join our team!
Ramp Service Key Responsibilities:
- Load and unload baggage and cargo on and off aircraft
- Transport items between terminals, aircraft and the bag room using belt-loaders, tugs, carts and other equipment
- Marshal aircraft which requires working closely with teammates to ensure a safe path
- Clean and service cabin interiors, including seatback pockets, cushions, tray tables, overhead bins, cockpit, galley, and the lavatory
- De-ice aircraft which requires using equipment to apply chemicals/compounds, if applicable
Customer Care Key Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell air travel; answer inquiries regarding general travel information
- Prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds, prepare/issue tickets
- Check baggage and collects excess baggage charges
- Interpret rules/requirements for domestic and international travel
- Meet and dispatch aircraft
- Perform duties at boarding gates when enplaning and deplaning passengers
For a more visual insight of what the position entails, check out our "Behind the Scenes at Envoy" clip. Click here: Agent Video.
Rate of Pay
- $12.00 per hour
- Eligible for pay increases at 1 year
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Flexible to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Perform all duties in various weather conditions, environmental elements, and tight time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Face-to-face customer service experience; one year experience preferred
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline’s ticketing system and/or ramp operations
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- The Company will pay fifty percent (50%) for the new hire employee's first basic uniform set and the employee will pay fifty percent (50%) unless prohibited by local or state law.
- Fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA); if applicable.
- Secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements; if applicable.
- Position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) testing. Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.