Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities System Application Administrator
at Exact Sciences
- Req No.
- Manufacturing Operations, Facilities & Security
- Regular Full-Time
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Facilities System Application Administrator is responsible for managing the installation, implementation and future development of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other software applications, including updates and upgrades as necessary or required as a primary focus. This role will collaborate with Facilities users, internal customers and staff across all business units. This role will ensure that the assigned application, along other systems controlled or associated with the EXAS Facilities CMMS, are effectively implemented and maintained to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include maintenance of the test and production environments, the validation of the system, acting as the lead system administrator in close coordination with power users, IT personnel, Facilities personnel and the Work Control Center Team in the oversight of the CMMS and related system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the lead system administrator in the management of the Exact Sciences CMMS and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems.
- Ensure that applications, devices, systems controlled or associated with the EXAS Facilities CMMS and CAFM are effectively implemented and maintained to meet the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage assigned applications so upgrades, integrations and updates to systems and devices occur in an environment that is conducive to high productivity and minimal downtime.
- Perform programming activities including test, creation or modification of the assigned applications based on user or other systems specifications.
- Provide maintenance to all database components and maintain a secure configuration.
- Provide lifecycle database management services including, but not limited to, design, development, provisioning, creation, modifying and managing data and schema, cloning and backup, troubleshooting, account management, and decommissioning.
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels.
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance.
- Create database management procedures.
- Work with Facilities leadership, administrators, IT and departments using the assigned applications and associated devices.
- Identify and evaluate software for the enhancement of processes.
- Collect sort and assemble data/information from established/non-established sources.
- Establish, organize, revise and maintain computer filers and records.
- Prepare reports and updates as requested.
- Build relationships with IT Administrators and others to ensure conformance to architectural and technical support processes for the assigned systems/applications.
- Support continuous improvement within the CMMS and ensure equipment and work orders are updated accurately and timely. Actively participate in new equipment onboarding into the CMMS.
- Responsible for technical training and development of staff, providing regular direction and feedback on system performance.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including GMP, OSHA, FDA, CLIA/CAP, WDATCP and USDA.
- Maintain performance metrics and productivity metrics to drive process improvements and ensure visibility to leadership and staff.
- Ensure compliance of all safety and work rules.
- Skill to use electronic devices: laptop, tablet, smart phone, electronic tape measure, etc.
- Overseeing multiple projects with a strong ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate to other departments and teams as necessary to drive alignment and visibility.
- Ability to coordinate work with multiple teams.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction.
- Ability to mentor and train others.
- Ability to develop/transfer and thoroughly document new processes and procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering; or a high school diploma/general education degree and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of experience implementing and supporting ERP systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and/or Computer Aided Facility Management software systems.
- Application systems development methodology in a comparable Facilities/IT environment.
- Proficiency in Windows-based data capture systems.
- Proficiency with and specific knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and/or Computer Aided Facility Management software systems.
- Ability to administer, manage and maintain multiple applications and/or systems.
- Proficiency in facilities functions being monitored, controlled, operated and/or maintained by the assigned applications and/or systems.
- Advanced computer skills (I.e. MS Office, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, MS Project).
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP &cGMP documentation practices.
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA and FDA regulations.
- Experience with SharePoint and SQL tools.
- Proficiency with Building Automation, environmental monitoring systems.
- FMP, SFP or similar certification(s).
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.