Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Faith Technologies
Faith Technologies ? Milwaukee, WI
Your Career. Your Future!
A position at Faith Technologies can be the answer to your future career. As a VDC Modeler, you’ll be part of a progressive national leader in electrical planning, engineering, technology and energy services.
Faith Technologies enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety.
We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
The VDC Modeler is responsible for the creation and modification of electrical Building Information Models (BIM) to be used to coordinate and install electrical and specialty system equipment from conceptual design through successful installation for electrical and specialty system construction.The ideal candidate would be able to read and interpret drawings, and have knowledge of the electrical construction trade and of the National Electric Code (NEC). This position works in a team environment and must be able to effectively collaborate verbally and in writing, be reliable and possess a positive work ethic, and have strong problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor's of Construction Management Degree
- Education: Bachelors of Engineering Degree
- Experience: 1 year of Revit experience (preferably MEP), 1 year of AutoCAD MEP experience, and 1 year of Navisworks Mange experience
- Collaborates with the Superintendents/Foreman, VDC Supervisor, and Project Managers to remain current on building techniques and trends.
- Validates and prepares detailed 2D and 3D construction drawings for field installation and prefabrication to meet customer requirements including but not limited to: conduit runs, U.G. and overhead; cable tray; electrical equipment; wiring and circuiting; validates and prepares supporting documents supporting field installation and prefabrication including but not limited to: panel schedules, prefabrication worksheets, pull schedules, and material take-off sheet.
- Participates in project meetings to successfully transition VDC scope to the field and prefabrication. Creates documents that comply with company CAD and VDC standards.
- Able to work on different types of construction projects, including but not limited to: commercial, mission critical, healthcare, industrial, and high rise.
- Maintains project BIM Execution Plan.
- Actively participates in the planning and project meeting to ensure important information is transferred to successfully execute construction.
- Demonstrates the ability to make positive project outcomes measured in cost savings, labor efficiency, and quality.
- Demonstrates decision making abilities in coordination meetings.
- Creates electrical and specialty systems BIM drawings using Revit MEP and/or AutoCAD MEP.
- Creates and modifies Revit families of electrical content.
- Works with Project Manager, Superintendent, and Prefab to determine areas, systems, or assemblies that can be prefabricated to improve efficiency during field installations. Creates the required detailed drawings that are necessary for Prefabrication to work off.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER
Our employees are our greatest resource. To further promote our Health, Wellness and Safety we proudly offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Performance Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoes & Glasses Reimbursement
- Tool Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral and Mentoring Program (A.C.E. Program)
Faith Technologies is one of the largest privately held electrical planning, design and engineering contractors in the United States. We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World Class Opportunities to Succeed through:
- Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
- Building TRUST in everything we do.
- REDEFINING what’s possible.
- Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
If you’re ready to learn more about growing your career with us, apply today.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.