Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner while performing simple and complex maneuvers.
- Driver responds to work assignments or requests for equipment received from shipping clerks, traffic manager or other authorized personnel, picking up passes.
- Responsible for trailer inspection.
- Drivers work as a team, utilizing radio contact with each other, performing all duties in a professional manner in accordance with all applicable safety and operational rules and regulations
- Customer satisfaction and working safe are our top priorities.
- Types of equipment moved include: 40 ft. container, 40 ft. flatbed, 48 ft. van, and 53 ft. domestic trailer.
- Responsible for documenting all moves
- Preventative maintenance is performed as required to insure all fluid levels, tire inflation and air pressures are within operating range.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- 5 years’ experience driving truck/jockey
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic mechanical skills (i.e. perform routine/preventative maintenance)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma or GED
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.