Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant (Northern Region)
at GI Associates
- 22-May-2019 to 21-Jul-2019 (PST)
- Rhinelander, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Medical Assistant manages the check-in, rooming, and check-out process for patients at multiple northern region outreach locations, ensuring the process runs smooth and efficient for both the patient and the provider. Completes the patient rooming and check-out process, educates patient on care plans and related items, ensures readiness of charts by reviewing and preparing all pertinent patient information, assists with and/or performs procedures, and accurately records all actions in the electronic medical record.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Completes the patient rooming and check-out processes. Obtains, documents and/or verifies all required information, including but not limited to reason for visit, past medical history and procedures, allergies, medications, social and family history, demographics, pharmacy, Advance Directive and other required information. After provider visit, schedules patient follow-up appointments and procedures, contacts pharmacies with new and refill prescription orders, assists in referring patient for ancillary services as directed by provider and documents future appointments and procedures.
- Educates patients on care plans, prescribed medications, injections, lab testing and specimen collections, preparation for pre- and post-procedure care, and other related items.
- Ensures readiness of chart by reviewing and preparing all pertinent patient information prior to patient's office visit with provider, and works with HIM Department to obtain records.
- Accurately records actions in the electronic medical record to reflect all care given to the patient, observations made about the patient, and the response to treatment or medications by the patient. Assures information required to successfully measure and report care quality measures are properly documented in every encounter.
- Efficiently completes the patient check-in process; obtains and accurately loads demographic information and insurance coverage and verifies accuracy at each visit, scans insurance cards, loads insurance and verifies coverage, provides necessary forms to patients for completion and signature and reviews and verifies the forms for accuracy, and registers patient in both the practice management and electronic medical record systems.
- Maintains inventory for exam rooms and stocks with supplies/current magazines/reading material. Cleans exam rooms using appropriate cleaning methods and also maintains neat work/desk area.
- Performs clerical duties such as photocopying forms, insurance cards, reports, patient information, labels and faxing or requests faxes as needed by the department or the office. Checks fax log to ensure faxed item transmission.
- Communicates timely and effectively with supervisor, clinical team leads, and administrative functions at the main office.
- Actively supports mid-level provider and supports physician clinics when on site, as assigned and as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance and working on site are essential requirements of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA), Registered Medical Assistant (ARMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (NHA), or other comparable Medical Assistant certification required.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or diploma preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Medical Assistant required.
This position rotates mainly between Rhinelander, Woodruff, and Eagle River. Periodic travel to Wausau is also required.