Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
at GI Associates
- 30-Apr-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Wausau, WI, USA
- Full Time
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) administers anesthetics and monitors the anesthetized patient during Endoscopic procedures. While working within the guidelines and scope of practice of a CRNA, the CRNA is an integral part of the GI Associates sedation care team and works collaboratively with the physician endoscopists, nurses, and patient care team.
- Provides all aspects of the sedation continuum (local, IVCS, MAC) as appropriate to provide each patient an optimal procedural experience.
- Evaluates the patient pre-operatively by interviewing and examining the patient. Assesses data and selects appropriate anesthetic and administers anesthetics in accordance with clinical privileges delineated.
- Monitors, interprets, and evaluates information derived from patient assessment and monitors intra-operatively and protects patients' life functions and vital organs. Communicates with physician related to planned anesthesia and changes in patient status.
- Works daily as part of the procedural care team, adapting to each patient's sedation needs.
- Prepares drugs and performs IV insertion, intubation, hemodynamic balance, and airway management in routine and acute medical situations.
- Monitors the patient's post-operative care and performs evaluation of the patient.
- Maintains detailed records of all medication administered, noting any unintended response.
- Assures all needed supplies are present for anesthesia care.
- Maintains accounting of controlled substances.
- Participates in professional peer review process.
- Evaluates anesthesia medications, equipment and patient care supplies for sedation use in the Endoscopy Center.
- Communicates directly with Provider Team to ensure appropriateness of recommended sedation care.
- Serves as Anesthesia Professional Liaison.
- Works closely with the GIE Center Director and Medical Director to assure proper training for the GIE care team about sedation needs of GIE patients.
- Assists with development of anesthesia protocols, policy development, and training as needed.
- Attends nursing team meetings as needed.
- Graduation from an accredited RN and Nurse Anesthesia program required.
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) required.
- Current RN and APNP Licensure with the State of Wisconsin required.
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
Full-Time (40 hours - 5 days per week) or Majority-Time (32 hours - 4 days per week) will be considered. No nights, weekends, or holidays!