Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Direct the safe and effective operation of the employees and equipment in the department in order to exceed customer delivery and quality expectations, aligning with the Plant’s safety, cultural, financial, and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Hold department safety committee meetings as required and conduct required departmental safety training.
- Be viewed as the department's safety advocate.
- Communicate with employees on a daily basis & follow up on open issues
- Provide periodic performance feedback & counseling to employees
- Enforce all plant rules and policies.
- Issue timely disciplinary action in accordance with established guidelines.
- Process first level grievances and document discussions held with employees.
- Coordinate process and material trials in department when assigned.
- Focus efforts on continuous improvement.
- Challenge speed limiting factors on machines and crew.
- Implement all best demonstrated practices across the operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Continuous Operation schedule rotates weekly between days and nights. This schedule follows a twenty-eight day cycle with the supervisor working 13-hour shifts. The supervisor generally works three days one week and four days the next and the rotation generally includes a seven day off period within the 28 day cycle although some schedule changes do occur. This schedule requires work every other weekend.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, or riding
- Sitting, walking, or standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours.
- Able to work weekly rotating shifts.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Effectively manage and prioritize situations as they arise
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of progressive in production supervision, preferably in a unionized work setting.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft products beneficial.
- Problem Solving Skills and Mechanical Aptitude are preferred.
- Able to work with people.
- Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Four year degree preferred, or closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.