Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banker Senior
at Wisconsin Bank & Trust
Wisconsin Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banker Senior is responsible for leading and managing Commercial Banking. Provides the visionary leadership to build and develop commercial banking based on maximizing customer relationships and profitability. Drives profitable commercial banking growth across all locations aligned with bank’s strategic plan, shareholder investment strategies and core values. Execute a business development strategy, cross-selling of clients and development of centers of influence according to company protocols. Ensures credit quality is at the forefront of all banker responsibilities and that policies are met and monitored. Responsible for managing and developing commercial banking personnel to meet or exceed the bank’s goals. In addition to management, the Senior Commercial Banker will be expected to maintain a loan portfolio.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts the necessary management and leadership as follows:
a. Selects, coaches, and mentors Commercial Bankers I, II and III that have a comprehensive set of skills to include sales, credit and knowledge of all other business lines so that they maximize prospect and client relationships, build effective relationships with centers of influence, and cross sell bank products and services.
b. Establishes and monitors goals and holds Commercial Bankers accountable for new business development, cross selling, and growing loans, deposits, and fees for the bank.
c. Directs, implements, supervises, and participates in business development activities of the bank, and provides sales leadership and management.
d. Manages the sales pipeline process for new business generation.
e. Holds regularly scheduled sales meetings that assist with the development of the Commercial Bankers and the accomplishment of their goals.
f. Assists with the executing of the sales strategies for all lines of business to include making joint calls with Commercial Bankers.
g. Insures that each Commercial Banker is monitoring their portfolio, identifies and communicates changes in credit risk to include recommended changes in risk ratings and to hold their customers accountable in regards to the terms and conditions of the loan.
h. Participates as a member of the bank’s senior management team, setting broad direction, goals, and participates in strategic planning.
i. Stays abreast of regulations and legislation that directly affect the bank.
j. Stays abreast of local and regional products and pricing.
2. Participates in the business development activities of the bank:
a. Identifies appropriate prospects within defined target markets, creates and manages an effective prospect list, and performs activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
b. Serves our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
c. Promotes and cross-sells all bank products and services as appropriate.
d. Prepares for, attends and participates in sales development meetings.
e. Prepares for and conducts prospect and customer meetings utilizing tools such as First Research, eMentor, and PROFITMAX.
f. Seeks out expertise within the company (i.e., governmental guaranty, cash management, specific industry knowledge) to assist in the development of customer relationships.
g. Concludes the sales process by gathering and evaluating financial statements and related data from the prospect or customer, determining potential credit worthiness, and establishing and negotiating proposed credit terms.
h. Reviews and directs new credit requests for existing clients and prospects to ensure adequate business discussions occur and to pursue creditworthy opportunities.
3. Participates in the underwriting and documentation of the credit:
a. Utilizes the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek and understand the opinions of others.
b. Insures that all relevant information is provided to the credit department in a timely and efficient manner so that all credits can be appropriately underwritten and decisions can be made for our customers in an expeditious manner.
c. Utilizes the credit department to assist in the underwriting of all credits over individual lending limits, and the small business lending center for all credits within the scope of small business, and conclude the underwriting process by reaching concurrence with the credit department.
d. Obtains and documents credit approval.
e. Assures that all client documents and customer agreements, credit and non-credit alike are accurate and properly executed, and funds are not released until all documents are properly executed.
4. Participates in the management of a loan portfolio:
a. Monitors the portfolio for credit quality. Understands, detects and reports the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
b. Continuously monitors customer performance and maintains timely reporting to include:
i. Receipt of and review of financial statements.
ii. Receipt of and review of Compliance Certificates, Borrowing Base Certificates, and associated receivable, payable and/or inventory reports.
iii. Covenant monitoring.
c. Insures the Lender Annual Reviews and collateral monitoring is completed on a timely basis.
d. Pursues the collection of any delinquent account immediately.
e. Follows up on any open documentation or tickler item such as insurance, tax, or stale financial information.
5. Performs other expectations of the job:
a. Achieves annual performance goals.
b. Conducts business in compliance with bank policies and procedures, as well as all federal and state laws and regulations.
c. Actively involved in community activities that will promote the bank and/or assist in business development.
d. Continuously seeks additional knowledge and training to enhance sales, credit, and people skills.
6. Provides the visionary leadership to build and develop commercial banking based on maximizing customer relationships and profitability.
7. Drives profitable commercial banking growth across all locations aligned with bank’s strategic plan, shareholder investment strategies and core values.
8. Executes a business development strategy, cross-selling of clients and development of centers of influence according to company protocols.
9. Ensures credit quality is at the forefront of all banker responsibilities and that policies are met and monitored.
10. In addition to management, the Commercial Banker Senior will be expected to maintain a loan portfolio.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
1. Responsible for supervising Commercial Bankers I, II and III.
2. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talent individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectation and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews.
7. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the view process deadline.
1 Bachelor’s Degree in Business, including specific courses in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
Graduate School of Banking completion preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 10+ years experience in Commercial Banking or other relevant job experience.
2. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Extensive leadership and management experience.
4. Solid credit experience.
5. Demonstrated sales skills and knowledge of consultative selling.
6. Strong knowledge and experience with a variety of businesses, in different economic environments, different industries, different competitive situations and different growth cycles.
7. Knowledgeable regarding business, agricultural, real estate and consumer customer financial needs.
8. Able to act as a trusted advisor to the customer.
9. Proficient in Word, Excel, PROFITMAX and Outlook and other computer skills as required.
10. Prioritizes and plans work activities; develops realistic action plans; plans for additional resources; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
11. Ability to delegate effectively. Matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Provides recognition for results.
12. Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals. Stays abreast of legal and political matters that may impact the bank.
13. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
14. Acts as a resource or mentor for others, including commercial bankers.
15. Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Wisconsin Bank & Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi billion dollar financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Wisconsin Bank & Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will