Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager, New Product Development
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Product Development leader to assist in managing Homesite’s current portfolio of commercial products and identify, implement and manage new products in both current and expanding markets. The position includes responsibility for developing new products including eligibility, coverage offerings and rating structure.
The Product Manager’s primary functions will include cross-functional leadership of new product implementation including interaction with Systems, Actuarial, Claims, Operations, State and Partner Management and data and reporting. The Product Manager is expected to give regular updates to Senior Leadership on project progress as well as strategic presentations on new product development needs and recommendations. We are seeking a Product Manager with exceptional analytical skills who is able to support their work with analytical rigor and use their business intuition to creatively solve problems.
Candidates must be self-motivated, and able to demonstrate past success in fast-paced, analytical environments. This person will need to be an outside-the-box thinker, interested in pushing boundaries and developing new products and solutions to meet a variety of partner and customer needs. He/She must be accustomed and willing to work on multiple tasks in parallel, with the ability to prioritize projects, while potentially supervising 1 to 3 entry-level analysts.
- Contribute to the development of new products: The Product Manager, New Product development will be part of a company-wide team identifying and launching new products
- Complete Deep Dive Analyses: Analyze Homesite’s current offering and partner and/or market needs to make recommendations on Homesite strategic direction and approach
- Drive Implementation: Use Project Management techniques to drive implementation of new products and enhancements across all functional areas within the company
- Advise Senior Leadership: Provide recommendations to Executives in formulating both product strategy and tactical execution and prioritization
- Relevant Experience: 5+ years of professional experience ideally in working in Property & Casualty Insurance and Product delivery;
- Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required, graduate degree preferred;
- Software Experience: Experience with Tableau, SAS, R, SQL, Python is preferred, intermediate to advanced skills in Excel is required;
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan;
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses;
- Analytical Rigor : Analyze product performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements;
- Powerful Communication : The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!