Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager, Predictive Modeling
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We seek a person possessing analytical rigor and business acumen with a desire to build the foundation for a successful career in Data Science. The primary role will be to leverage and expand our analytics database and to support data mining and statistical predictive modeling projects that lead to new rating structures, new underwriting programs, and support the introduction of new product features that increase profitability, yield, and growth. Additional projects may support Call Center Operations, Claims, and Marketing.
- Take a leadership role in implementing the strategic direction for
- Develop state of the art transformative pricing, underwriting, demand, and claims models to increase profitability, yield, and growth
- Foster relationships with internal departments as well as American Family’s Data Transformation Office to identify and explore new sources of data that predict results across commercial products
- Identify and explore new external sources of data and develop plans to acquire and interpret results
- Incorporate text mining in modeling and analytic processes by leveraging a large collection of unstructured data
- Determine how image recognition techniques and artificial intelligence can be utilized to further the core business
- Supervise the use of exploratory tabular analysis and statistical methods such as classification analysis in support of ongoing projects
- Oversee the development of multivariate predictive models by commercial product and coverage.
- Use statistical, machine learning, and deep learning techniques for clustering, dimensionality reduction, and extracting latent attributes from unstructured and semi-structured data
- Monitor results of your changes through reports or dashboards often leveraging APIs
- Lead small cross-functional project-based teams on special projects and be able to clearly communicate complex findings to colleagues and external customers, influencing outcomes
- Intellectual curiosity for drivers of commercial insurance loss results, expense results, and customer demand functions to be applied as practical recommendations
- Excellent programming skills and expertise in data query tools such as SQL
- Expert level of competence in statistical software languages/packages such as R, Python, DataRobot, Tableau, Mathematica, H2O, Spark, and Cloud Computing Environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of deep learning neural networks and experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of one version control system
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis, and determining strategic direction
- Ability to drive both individual and team projects to completion including during the planning and implementation phases
- Capable of influencing senior managers through outstanding presentations
- Eight or more years business experience in statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and applying data base queries
- Three or more years of insurance experience with an eagerness to discover and apply innovative approaches from other industries to insurance
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- A doctoral degree and/or Actuarial designation preferred
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!