Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Verification Specialist - FULL TIME, 1ST SHIFT OPPORTUNITY!
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is proud to be named a 2018 Top Workplace – Making Horizon a 5-time Top Workplaces awardee!!!
Horizon hires only the best!
Do you have what it takes to be a Top Workplaces team member?
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Insurance Verification Specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers, patients, and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines and follow through. We need a true team player able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Enter patient information into Clinical Fast Pad using appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations.
· In adherence to required time frames, obtain Medicare prior authorizations from admission through discharge process for patients.
· Verify non-Medicare insurance coverage, and track, maintain, and update visit statuses
· Communicate with Case Managers during open episodes in regard to authorization statuses.
· May cross-train and float to cover other positions as needed.
Minimum qualifications include a High School Diploma or Equivalent, Microsoft Office proficiency, and 2-3 years of office experience. Third party payer experience and strong knowledge of medical terminology is highly preferred.
We only hire the best. Is there where you belong?
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.