Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Hospice Admission Nurse
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our compassionate and patient-centered focused Hospice Team.
As a Admission Nurse perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services and be accountable for safe, effective nursing care of patient / family admissions through the utilization of the nursing process, clinical skill, and Interdisciplinary Group approach to maximize the comfort and quality of life for Hospice patients and families.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Assess patient conditions and family / caregiver's conditions accurately and completely during each visit (conditions may include physiological, psychosocial and / or spiritual).
- Identify and provide for patient and family's educational needs.
- Provide patient care per physician orders and Agency policy.
- Complete all required patient and Agency paperwork in an accurate, thorough, legible and timely fashion to reflect a clear picture of care provided.
- Transcribe, implement and evaluate new physician orders accurately.
- Field staff schedules, payroll and daily logs are accurate, legible and timely.
- Work cooperatively with patients, care providers, family members and Agency staff.
- Provide report to physicians, manager, interdisciplinary team members of any changes in patient condition or the patients plan of care.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of related nursing experience preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience as an RN in acute care, long term care or home care setting required
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle