Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN - Hospice On-Call Nurse
at Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Full-Time opportunity - 7 days on and 7 days off, with the hours being on call from 5pm - 8am.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our top-notch Hospice team.
On-call Registered Nurses will ensure the delivery of quality hospice services, as well as, the coordination of services that reflect the philosophy and standards of hospice care to assigned patients.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient conditions accurately and completely via phone and/or during scheduled visits (conditions may include physiological, psycho social and / or spiritual).
- Provides interventions for symptom management over the telephone and/or during in-home visits and evaluates patient response to interventions prior to the end of their shift.
- Identifies and provides patient and family's education and support.
- Completes all required patient documentation (visits and admissions) in an accurate, legible and on the same day care was provided.
- Communicates and provide report to physicians, manager, interdisciplinary team members of any changes in patient condition or the patients plan of care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and contributes to the growth of others as evidenced by attending team meetings, in-services, Agency in-services, task force and committee involvement and professional organizations.
- Answers telephone in a courteous manner, expressing a greeting to the caller in a pleasant voice and identifying self and the department.
- Follows safe work practices on a regular basis.
- Compliance with the organization’s confidentiality policy is respectfully observed.
- Positively demonstrates support of the Agency’s mission and vision by actively helping the team achieve its annual goals. Demonstrated by always accepting additional assignments within FTE.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Current Wisconsin RN license
- 1 year experience as an RN in acute care, long term care or home care setting required. 1-2 years of related nursing experience preferred.
- Current and valid Wisconsin Drivers License plus reliable and insured vehicle.
Horizon offers you a unique opportunity to give back and make a difference in your community. As a 6-Time Top Employer Workplace, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Health, Dental & Vision insurance, Retirements Savings with Employer Match, Paid Time Off, Mileage Reimbursement, and more! Plus for a limited time, we are offering a $10,000 hiring bonus (prorated based on FTE).
Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, it’s a feeling. To us, it’s whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, you’re home.
With Horizon, you're Home.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.