Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
Cree Lighting a Company of Ideal Industries is a market-leading innovator of LED lighting for indoor, outdoor and intelligent lighting applications that improve society and safeguard our planet. Additionally, our cutting-edge technology delivers reliable performance and value beyond light for office and industrial buildings, schools and universities, municipalities, automotive dealerships, healthcare facilities, and more!
If you’re intrigued about us keep reading to learn about a fantastic opportunity as an Oracle Applications Database Administrator! This position will be supporting multiple instances of the Oracle R12 Enterprise Business Suite application and applicable technology stack components for the development, test and production environments. Builds and maintains all tiers of the environment: application tier, middle tier and database tier (11G/12c). Hands on experience with installing and maintaining the commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) product and custom developed objects and monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing the environment using the latest methods and tools. Also, will require support and monitoring of our MSSQL environment.
What will you be doing?
- Perform environment builds, upgrades, patching, cloning and maintenance
- Perform system monitoring, performance tuning, load balancing and capacity planning
- Execute disaster recovery/high availability activities, backups, restores and flashbacks
- Define operational procedures and create system documentation
- Interface with Oracle Support for technical issue resolution
- Configuration/Release Management, and Information Assurance
- Perform application server administration and routine maintenance
- Administer and maintain security policies and procedures
- Create and maintain application user accounts, privileges and responsibilities
- Perform Production Change Control procedures
- Support incident troubleshooting and problem resolution
What you need for success?
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years experience in an Oracle E-Business Suite Applications DBA role in a Manufacturing environment
- 7+ years experience with 5+ TB RDBMS Enterprise Edition 11G/12c Databases
- Experience with WebLogic, OAS, RMAN, Active DataGuard, Oracle Gateway, OAM, OEM, MSCA and related technologies
- 4+ years experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Hands-on architecture, installation, upgrade, production support and Discoverer (OBIEE Standard Edition) skills
- SQL Server database administration experience
- Oracle Exadata and OCI environment experience is a Plus
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- Experience with manufacturing (preferred)
What we can offer you:
Cree Lighting has outstanding benefits that include medical, dental, vision, PENSION and a match on our 401k. We are a values based organization that seeks people that don't just want to "work" but that want to integrate with our culture and grow with the business over time- did I mention that we're privately held- we think in terms of "generations/not quarters!"- make Cree Lighting your work home!