Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LINE 6 OPERATOR
The Production Operator position is responsible for monitoring equipment performance and making adjustments and changeovers. Set-up and close down of machines in area assigned is also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Monitors equipment, making adjustments to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, while minimizing rework and down time.
- Prepares work area for start up, changeovers, and shut down. (Including selecting appropriate programs.)
- Maintains records and conducts periodic checks as directed.
- Provides supplies needed for the operation of the machine/line. (I.e. film, packaging, PPT, etc.)
- Communicates with team members by notifying maintenance, supervisor/leads, and production associates as needed.
- Understand and can perform duties of their assigned line. Assists teas members on the line and helps with rework or training of team members as needed.
- Completes basic PM checklist on equipment.
- Assists with other line equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Assists in other departments as needed for basic, routine machines operation, and break coverage.
- Clean and organize work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from positon.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers ands leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions in English for record keeping purposes
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees.)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly.
- Ability to perform light maintenance on equipment
- Pallet jack license or willingness to acquire one
- Authorized to do LOTO or willingness to acquire authorization.