Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at JBT Corporation
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- 3 months ago(6/10/2019 10:52 AM)
- Sourcing, Procurement
A&B Process Systems, a business unit of JBT Corporation, is an industry leader in the design, fabrication, automation and installation of stainless steel process systems used in a variety of industries. At A&B Process Systems, our quality stainless steel process vessels, stainless steel process modules, skidded systems and process automation systems are all developed at one location in Stratford, Wisconsin. Our advanced 175,000 square-foot manufacturing facility is distributed over five physical plants. As a member of the JBT team, you will find that you are joining a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Buyer
This position is responsible for the procurement of materials, supplies and service categories as assigned. Works to develop a supply chain that meets safety, quality, delivery and cost requirements and goals. Helps the Procurement function and vendors pursue Relentless Continuous Improvement. Strives to meet or exceed customer service, inventory, quality and financial targets set by management.
- Manages the supply chain for assigned commodities.
- Builds mutually beneficial vendor relationships.
- Performs vendor negotiation, analysis and selection for assigned commodities and projects based on the Total Cost of Ownership, taking into consideration:
- landed cost of materials;
- vendor ability to meet delivery, quality and service requirement;
- vendor’s commitment to our success and willingness to pursue Relentless Continuous Improvement;
- customer support, aftermarket and warranty coverage.
- Complies with Procurement policies and procedures along with Corporate Financial Standards in order to issue purchase orders for required materials and services. Complies with Corporate contact guidelines in negotiating contracts.
- Works with Estimating, Installation, Design, Automation, Planning/Scheduling, Receiving, Quality, Operations and Accounting to ensure the correct material is requisitioned, procured and delivered on time in accordance with customer needs. Promotes teamwork within the Procurement function and seeks to build a cohesive working team across all departments.
- Assists the Quality Department in ensuring vendors provide required documentation to meet ASME, CE, PED, and BPE standards when required. Understands pharmaceutical and food industry regulation implications for the supply chain.
- Keeps manager and rest of team informed of any vendor, quality or material delivery issues.
- Creates, updates and processes Purchasing related SOPs as opportunities are identified. Promotes efficiency improvements and seeks to create pull systems and inventory levels consistent with a “just in Time” inventory management philosophy.
- Develops inventory management recommendations using the “Plan for Every Part” methodology.
- Participates in daily “Gemba” walks and team huddles in order to improve performance in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Participates/leads Lean Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) process improvement projects.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Business or applicable experience with a thorough knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain Management principals is required. 2-5 years of Supply Chain experience in a professional business setting is necessary for the overall success in this positon. Professional certifications; CPIM, CPM, or CSCP preferred but not required. Must have a basic understanding of manufacturing processes. Experience in applying Lean principals of pull, KanBan and one piece flow. A thorough understanding and ability to use all Microsoft software applications (particularly Excel); coupled with experience in ERP/MRP software is required. An ability to analyze data, create pivot tables and charts and develop data driven recommendations using Microsoft Excel is required. Must display strong analytical, interpersonal and written communications, negotiation financial planning and organization skills.
This is a service oriented position. The successful candidate must genuinely enjoy working with people, have a pleasant disposition and be willing to advance the goals of the organization by demonstrating competence in relevant subject areas.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.