Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jerry's Foods
NATURE AND SCOPE
Primary emphasis in this position is on following front-end checkout procedures in all transactions, expedient processing of all orders, and maintaining positive customer relations. The position requires ongoing customer interaction, providing prompt, courteous and accurate service. This position requires ongoing social skills/verbal interaction, register/scanner operation, reading, light lifting, and standing. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Daily assignments and work direction is provided by the Customer Service Manager or person in charge.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
Assist customers and ensure proper service levels and courtesy from all associates
- Greet, offer assistance, and thank customers
- Answer or refer questions, and respond to customer requests as needed
- Bring customers to location of item
- Perform price checks
- Respond to customer assistance needs/calls promptly
- Direct customer problems to management as appropriate
- Monitor and ensure prompt, courteous, and accurate customer relations
Perform product scanning and processing of customer order in an accurate, efficient and prompt manner
- Ensure minimal waiting time for each customer
- Account for all products in and under the cart before beginning customer order
- Ask for coupons before beginning an order and code coupons accurately
- Scan each item so it is properly identified by the register system
- Obtain prices for items not identified by the register system and complete scan error forms for discrepancies
- Have working knowledge of most frequent product codes and new items
- Use care in handling of products
- Utilize proper etiquette for phone calls, and when using the paging system
- Follow policy and procedures when handling tobacco, alcohol and lottery transactions
Ensure proper handling of all forms of tender and coupons
- Count and enter cash into register system
- Enter credit and debit card transactions into register system
- Enter electronic transactions (food stamps) into the register system
- Verify information on check, enter and appropriately utilize check verification system and tender check into register system
- Ensure coupons are valid, enter to correct department
- Maintain clean, neat and organized check-out and work area
Ensure accurate handling of all voids, returns, refunds and exchanges
- Follow store return, refund and exchange policies
- Complete refund forms and record on register log
- Handle transaction in a courteous and efficient manner
- Call for shop back of perishable product as required
Follow front-end safety and security procedures
- Use appropriate scanning techniques and ergonomic methods
- Know and understand store emergency procedures
- Apply security tape as needed for proof of purchase
- Notify appropriate personnel in case of theft or shoplifting
Assist with front-end maintenance and cleaning
- Clear floor and carts, clean and stock registers, fill bag stations, assemble tote boxes, and perform shop back
- Straighten and fill product at check stands as directed
Follow all store and department policies and procedures
Perform other duties as assigned or delegated
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit the store to which you are applying.
We respect our applicants’ privacy. Applicants will be required to provide specific information to complete the application process. The information you provide, unless otherwise specified, will only be used in regard to our employment decision.
How We Started:
In 1947 at Grandview Market in Edina, Jerry Paulsen was the neighborhood butcher, the kind of man who knew all of his customers by name and cut their steaks and chops to order. At Jerry’s meat counter, there was no such thing as self-service. You got full service and you always got what you wanted and a little more. As luck would have it, one day the Grandview Market was put up for sale and Jerry seized the opportunity to make it his own. What Jerry saw was the possibility to deliver the kind of personalized service he dreamed of, so he jumped at the chance and opened Jerry’s Lucky Dollar.
Jerry’s Lucky Dollar continued to grow and expand into a full-service grocery store known far and wide for its incredible meat and seafood department. In time, the market became known simply as Jerry’s Foods and stores were added in Eden Prairie, Minnesota and Sanibel Island, Florida under the Jerry’s Foods Banners. Jerry Paulsen continued to work at the Edina store well into his eighties, until he passed away in 2013.
Today, each Jerry’s Foods store is an integral part of their neighborhood. From specialty foods that reflect their locations, to hiring practices and services, Jerry’s Foods has remained committed to sustaining Jerry Paulsen’s dedication to personalized service, his passion for food, and the importance of a family work environment.
Who We Have Become:
Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc. has a unique commitment to the customer and a strong history of excellence. For over 50 years we have been your neighbor, serving you, the purposeful, family-focused and smart shopper. Our customers are our top priority, and our friendly staff works hard to make sure your shopping experience is exceptional. Our food market is determined to deliver quality perishables, convenience, competitive pricing, and an authentic neighborhood experience. We make it easy to shop local, eat healthy, go organic and enjoy fresh food!