Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Services Procurement Manager
at Johnson Controls.
PowerSolutions is currently hiring an Indirect Procurement Category Manager for ourGlendale, WI location. In this role, the person is responsible formaximizing procurement leverage across the entire global portfolio of JCI CorporateServices, such as Benefits, Payroll, Human Resources Services, Consulting andProfessional Services. In addition, thisindividual will support various corporate services categories, as needed andassigned by the manager.
- Develop and lead implementation of global category procurement strategies for assigned Indirect Procurement Corporate Services categories; key areas of focus include strategies on Benefits, Payroll, Hr Services, Professional Services (Consulting, Legal, Financial, etc).
- Lead both traditional and non-traditional supplier procurement activities, ensuring timely execution and focusing upon global and regional solutions which improve services, reduce costs and mitigate risks.
- Facilitate supplier procurement process and negotiations relative to business requirements and cost, maximizing JCI's leverage and negotiation position.
- Lead supplier contracting negotiations and execution, collaborating with Corporate Legal for escalation of certain risk-related terms and conditions.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to increase engagement and develop a robust procurement project pipeline.
- For each procurement project, ensure project alignment and drive collaborative procurement efforts with the necessary cross-functional counterparts and matrix teams (e.g. IT, Risk Management, HR, Compliance, Legal, etc.) to maximize transactional efficiency and mitigate potential risks.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers to understand the suppliers' current services for the company as well as additional capabilities.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of business and functional strategic roadmaps and resulting business requirements, as related to assigned categories.
- Drive cost out targets for the supply management organization; calculate and report savings.
- Drive compliance of enterprise agreements.
- Assist with key supplier issue resolution and risk mitigation, as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of marketplace, benchmarks and industry best practices for assigned categories.
- Perform all duties within the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Assume additional procurement category management responsibilities, as required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university is required
- Advanced degree in business and/or legal is highly desirable
- Significant experience (7 years) in strategically sourcing and providing category management services for Corporate Services, such as Benefits, Payroll, Human Resources Services, Consulting and Professional Services
- Extensive strategic experience in holistically approaching categories and sourcing events (balancing cost, risk and performance)
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage large complex projects involving multiple business/ organization unit disciplines; utilizes project plans and methodology, has proven track record of implementation of projects
- Ability to develop influencing relationship with varying levels of management and individual contributors from various business units
- Significant negotiating experience is required
- Operational and/or procurement experience in most if not all of the assigned Indirect Corporate Services Categories is strongly preferred
- Prior contracting experience (negotiation, implementation, management of agreements) is required
- Extensive project management experience and/or PMP certification is preferred
- Supply Market Knowledge and Corporate Services Procurement Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of key industry drivers and dynamics
- Understanding of categories and category-specific procurement processes/issues/strategies
- Understanding of current supplier markets, products, customer demands, and future trends.
- In-depth knowledge of variety of procurement implementation approaches (e.g. RFX, e-auction)
- In-depth knowledge of pricing issues, service levels, and supplier contracts
- Strong contract development and negotiation skills
- Supplier Management and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers/customers, understand supplier/customer organization and operations and identify new opportunities
- Ability to perform sustained supplier performance management and continuous improvement
- Ability to lead complex procurement events and demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others and manage competing internal stakeholder priorities
- Ability to generate alternative solutions for consideration to increase total value to the organization while reducing cost and minimizing risk
- Ability to develop and communicate vision and strategic procurement initiatives, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management capabilities to lead multiple and complex projects
- Demonstrated capability to translate strategies into executable implementation plans
- Ability to identify new procurement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people in a global, matrix organization
- Clear problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Sound prioritization skills to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to embrace change in the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong financial analytical skills for conducting data analytics, costmodeling, business case development, reporting, and proactive interaction withCorporate Finance functional stakeholders
- Ability to conduct benchmarking or other analysis to track global spendand savings
- Ability to think strategically about key procurement and financialissues and quantify the underlying implications
- Comprehension of company financials and implication on market power
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel