Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HPT Technician-Standard Products & ATSM
at Johnson Controls.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Insure effective implementation and ongoing effectiveness of High Performance Teams. Develop group competencies within the teams. Direct the High Performance Team process, interacting with the teams, supervision, managers, star guides and other parties, and plant manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree in business, engineering or equivalent experience (Plant operations experience, knowledge of process, training experience, etc. may be in lieu of Bachelor's degree). Working Conditions: Position requires flexibility in shift hours to coincide with team meetings as necessary, work in plant environment, with some travel. Overtime maybe required to meet objectives. The ability to work flexible hours and travel locally is required.
1. Coordinate and track certification process and star guide systems.
2. Insure that all leading indicator information is updated for the teams.
3. Insure support information is accurate and timely.
4. Insure that the monthly results meetings are scheduled and completed.
5. Participate in the high performance team meetings and insure effectiveness of the meetings, scorecard data, and effective action plans are developed by the teams.
6. Lead HPTs through changes, reinforcing good behaviors and removing road blocks.
7. Insure certification process for high performance teams, star points, star guides, and cross functional training are effective.
8. Report and communicate with management information, good or bad, including monthly high performance team results and recommendations.
9. Insure high potential team process is compliant with TS16949, ISO 14001, and all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
10. Insure the high performance team concepts are understood and used at all levels of the plant.