Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal Director, Anti-Corruption, Antitrust & Investigations
at Johnson Controls.
What you will do
Johnson Controls(the “Company”) is seeking an experienced attorney to serve as Legal Director, Anti-Corruption,Antitrust & Investigations. The person selected to serve in this role willhave primary responsibilities for overseeing compliance programs andinitiatives across the enterprise, concerning anti-corruption, antitrust, andprivileged internal investigations. This person's chief clients and partnerswill be senior business management, global leaders of corporate functions,including Finance, Human Resources, Internal Audit, the global Compliance Team,and regional and business line General Counsels. The Legal Director,Anti-Corruption, Antitrust & Investigations will report directly to theCompany's Vice President, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and work outof the Company's headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
How you will do it
- Having chief responsibility for andowning the development, implementation, monitoring, and testing of complianceprograms and initiatives to effectively control enterprise-wide legal and compliancerisks related to anti-corruption efforts, including to lead cross-functionalresources to identify risks, create action plans to mitigate risks, and assurecontinuous monitoring/improvement.
- Having chief responsibility for andowning North America-focused antitrust program as subject matter expert, including working with enterpriseresources to develop and deliver antitrust trainings, drafting and broadlycommunicating global competition policies, collaborating to develop andimplement enterprise-wide procedures and processes to monitor competition risksrelated to participation in trade associations, creating and overseeing globalpolicies and processes to collect and maintain competitive intelligence, andhelping to oversee global fair competition risk assessments and complianceaudits.
- Having chief responsibility for and owning process and deliverables related to privileged internal investigations, including working with Integrity Helpline team to appropriately triage and assign sensitive and/or privileged matters; coordinating resources, setting investigative strategy, and generally managing investigations together with Director, Forensic Investigations; conducting or directing investigative interviews of senior executives, as required; managing retention and setting investigation and/or disclosure strategies with management and/or outside counsel, as required; and providing regular, thorough, and strategic updates to Vice President, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and executive management team.
- Developing and maintaining effective lines of communication with senior and segment management on compliance matters, and developing and supporting programs designed to enhance “tone at the top” and the Company's Speak Up culture.
- Managing and coordinating with regional counsels FCPA and other compliance-related due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Liaising with senior management to understand compliance-related needs, and owning project development to ensure effective safeguards are in place to manage compliance risks.
- In consultation with the Director, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit, supporting corruption-risk reviews, antitrust, and anti-corruption compliance audits, and targeted compliance risk assessments of regional business units.
What we look for
Candidates for Legal Director, Anti-Corruption,Antitrust & Investigations must possess the following:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in private practice, government service, and/or in-house roles. Experience in a regulated industry is helpful.
- Law degree from an accredited institution and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.
- Substantial experience conducting investigations. Prosecutorial experience with the Department of Justice's Antitrust Division is preferred.
- Experience with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and comparable anti-corruption laws and regulations and international competition laws and regulations. Familiarity with global data privacy laws, political contribution and state pay to play rules.
- Experience counseling business leaders to navigate compliance and legal risks.
- Superior analytical and technical legal skills, sound judgment, and innovative thinking
- Dynamic and resilient professional with the demonstrated ability to be decisive, influence dynamic organizations, and persuade and impact a diverse client base.
- Uncompromising integrity and high ethical standards personally and professionally
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and influence employees at every level to drive a culture of compliance.
- Able and willing periodically to travel internationally
- Understand commercial objectives and realities, and the ability to solve complex problems practically.
- Strategic, collaborative thinking around programenhancement.