Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Indirect Procurement, IT Software and Services
at Johnson Controls.
This global IT Procurement position will focus on strategic sourcing andsteady-state category management in the IT Software and IT Services categories,Enterprise-wide. This will include collaborating with Information Technologyand Operations stakeholders to develop strategic plans leveraging thirdparties. By leveraging our capabilities in strategic sourcing and Procure-to-Pay(P2P) operations, you will ensure that the company is maximizing value byreducing costs, increasing the quality of service delivery, minimizing risk andleveraging standardized solutions.
- Develop 3-5 year global ITSoftware and Services Procurement strategies, including key suppliers, marketinfluencers on cost, technology opportunities, risks and strategic direction,etc.
- Lead centralized global and regionalIT procurement activity for all software and services needs. Coach and support regional IndirectProcurement teams with acquisition of regional IT software and services
- Partner with leadership in thecompany and other key stakeholders, such as IT Operations, to develop andexecute strategic and tactical plans to drive maximum value fortechnology-driven suppliers in diverse areas such as on premise licensedsoftware, Cloud (SaaS) computing, data center operations, IT implementationservices, maintenance, etc.
- Lead strategic sourcing activities, including but notlimited to: developing appropriate negotiation strategies, strengtheningsupplier relationship, spend analysis (benchmarking, supply market analysis,supplier analysis, RFI/RFP building, baseline analysis, contracting,outsourcing & offshoring, product lifecycle management, building businesscases)
- Provide thought leadership andguidance to the company in the area of Strategic sourcing, executiveengagement, and procurement operations, including areas such as ArtificialIntelligence and Robotics Processing Automation
- Maintain awareness of key markettrends and pricing as well as the availability of new products. Recommends and/or counsels others on thesechanges and innovations. Advise key stakeholder partners on current and futureprice, availability and delivery schedules
- Proactively identifyopportunities, via sourcing, substitution, etc., to reduce costs,increase/improve services, and/or manage risk
- Conduct market research andprovide key subject matter expertise on IT software and services operations
- Ensure the optimal Total Cost ofOwnership (TCO) for each major IT product and/or service
- Manage direct and/or indirectreports including acting as a mentor to junior team members
- Work collaboratively with keystakeholders to ensure supplier relationship program compliance
- Keep company's vision and valuesat the forefront of decision making and action. Use interpersonal style andmethods to guide individuals toward higher levels of performance
- Lead cost management effort withkey business executives and partner stakeholders
- Lead quarterly and annualbusiness reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to addressissues, costs, delivery, performance, etc.
- Participate in business planningprocess to support business and category goals, and core metrics
- Support and comply withProcurement policies and procedures
What we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree required in SupplyChain Management, IT, Business, Finance, or Mfg Operations; Master's degreepreferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in strategically sourcing and providing category management services forInformation Technology spend categories (On premise software, Cloud (SaaS)computing, data center operations, etc.); significant experience in negotiatingmaster agreements, Statements of Work (SOW) and addendums with major OEM andVAR providers
- Extensive strategic experience inholistically approaching categories and sourcing events (balancing cost, riskand performance)
- Strong project management skills:ability to manage large complex projects involving multiple business/organization unit disciplines; utilizes project plans and methodology, hasproven track record of implementation of projects
- Ability to develop influencingrelationship with varying levels of management and individual contributors fromvarious business units
- Significant experience indrafting and negotiating complex contracts valued in excess of $3M for assignedcategories of spend. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Ability to clearly andeffectively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to think strategicallywhile fostering best practice initiatives to leverage corporate buying power
- Deep subject matter expertise forassigned Spend Categories
- Proficient negotiation andfinancial modeling skills
- Ability to root causeproblem/issues and provide solutions/options support with fact-based/datadriven analysis
- Able to balance and prioritizemultiple high priority projects
- Able to influence and lead otherswithin the department, business units, and various support units
- Must be flexible to work outsideof normal business hours to support global operations
- Experience in driving businessoperational reviews to improve efficiency and drive cost reduction; lead developmentand execution of the re-engineering of business operations
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent highly preferred
- SAP preferred
- Prior supervisory or managementexperience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20%