Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator Split Shift
Forklift Operator - Split Shift
Reports to: Onsite Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Material Recovery Facility Forklift operator is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift at a recycling facility or MRF. For the purpose of stacking baled material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
- Responsible for loading of trailers with baled material safely and efficiently. Responsible for organizing baled material in the facility.
- Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers of recycled materials and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- This position does not supervise other employees
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., minimum 40 hours per week.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Your work hours may vary based on your site requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 plus years’ experience within a warehouse environment as a forklift operator.
- Preference given to operators with MRF experience.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
AAP/EEO Statement: Leadpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.