Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Manager - Appleton, WI
Shift Manager is a position that supports the onsite manager in management of a specific shift or area of a production facility. This position will support the team and support the onsite manager when acting as a liaison between the facility manager/customer and Leadpoint support personnel. This position will assist the onsite manager in the responsibility for implementing workforce management programs offered to the assigned customer facility. This position will have overall accountability for the performance of the Leadpoint workforce team assigned to the facility within the area of responsibility assigned.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with customer representatives within facility.
- Able to communicate with all personnel at the facility.
- Interviews candidates for open positions and recommends hiring to Onsite manager.
- Responsible for supporting the programs for evaluation, promotions, terminations recommended and approved at the assigned facility.
- Maintains positive employee relations following on a professional level.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping for assigned team or area of responsibility.
- Provide employee coaching and development to all team members under their control
- Familiar with lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures
- Forklift experience
Safety Program Management:
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain and request PPE supplies to proper inventory levels.
- Manage goals of lines and all teams to achieve department safety results and priorities.
Starting Salary: 38k to 42K DOE
Interpersonal Skills: Shift manager must be able to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
Leadership Skills: Shift manager must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
Problem-Solving Skills: Shift manager must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
This position manages some employees of the facility assigned by Leadpoint. This position holds the responsibility for the performance management of assigned employees within the facility with authority and accountability for the screening, training and development of those assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma of Equivalent
Experience within a production environment as a Supervisor or with comparable experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Leadpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.