Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Spirits Tech Support Sales-Fermentis
at LESAFFRE INTERNATIONAL
Fermentis, a business unit of the Lesaffre group, is a global key player in yeasts and fermentation solutions for the brewing, wine and spirits industries. Fermentis has well-recognized know-how in the fermentation industry allowing the development and production of products adapted for applications in the beverage industry based on the research of more than 550 R&D experts from Lesaffre and other external academic institutions. Its wide variety of products has been specifically created to meet the quality requirements of fermented beverage producers around the world, focusing on the development of taste, aroma, and character.
In accordance with the business strategy and the commercial and economic targets of the Fermentis, the main function is to:
- Improve technical knowledge of the Fermentis Sales Team in the Americas (FSTA)
- deliver technical presentations in forums of experts/customer meetings
- help/assist the FSTA to implement commercial trials with customers and for new prospects
- coordinate technical projects between Fermentis and its customer/partners (beverage producers) or with research organizations (projects delegated by R&D Team)
- handle technical queries that the FSTA or the marketing team cannot answer for products and solutions marketed by Fermentis (yeast, yeast products, mixes,…) and their applications, primarily in spirits (other fermented beverages may be assigned)
- Be the liaison between the FSMA and the R&D team.
Reports to the Director of Sales
To maintain and enrich the scientific knowledge of the FSTA through constant education, providing technical information and answering technical questions.
To develop and continuously update the training program for the FSTA (newcomers and existing FSTA members).
To deliver technical presentations and other information about spirits (other fermented beverages may also be included) to the FSTA.
Continuously update the FSMA with new applications and new products developed by the R&D team. Provide technical material to be used by the FSTA.
Maintain frequent contact with other TSS Managers in the region and from other regions to exchange information, harmonize presentations, and avoid discrepancies in technical communication.
Actively participate in the Technical Meetings of Fermentis (with the R&D team; 2 meetings per year)
Create and follow up in the area a procedure to collect ideas for new product development and communicate accordingly to the R&D team.
FAQ database and make it available to the FSTA.
Budget, sales reporting and analysis
Prepare the yearly expense budget for regional technical expenses.
- Lobbying and networking with local associations and Key Opinion Leaders. Actively participate in key associations related to the industry (in agreement with the DoSA and marketing team).
- Edit/write articles and publications on yeast and its applications in beverages.
- Represent the company in scientific conferences.
- Screen new technologies and fermentation solutions in the region; i.e. report on fermentation technologies in the region that could be relevant to the production of fermented beverages, and vice versa. Fermentation technologies include novel strains processes and equipment used in beverage production.
- Identify business opportunities and key prospects and transfer to DoSA.
- Visit beverage producers to deliver technical presentations, technical advice, assistance in trials, laboratory training, etc. (activities requested by the FSTA and approved by the DoSA).
Promotion, marketing & communication
- Upon request from the FSTA and approval by DoSA, make technical presentations/lectures to customers, distributors, meetings of the industry, etc.
- With the R&D Team assistance (if needed) and other resources (in needed), prepare specific presentations requested by DoSA for partners or for technical expert forums (incl. Fermentis Seminars).
- Participate in the promotion of products through technical publications, papers, posters, seminars, and participation at international and national trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- Follow on a regular basis referent blogs, publications, magazines, books, and keep the Management updated about the news.
Quality & Production
- On request by the R&D Team or DoSA helps Fermentis investigate customer complaints on product functionality.
- Assist the R&D Team in handling production issues with Lesaffre factories producing for Fermentis in the region.
- Assist the Q&A team in the preparation of technical documents for the local market, in cooperation with the Regulatory team.
Autonomy and reporting
- Operates within the agreed expenses budget.
- Weekly movements to be agreed upon by DoSA.
- Reports monthly activity/project progress and technical expenses.
- Visit and meeting reports.
- Action plan follow up and reporting.
- Yearly appraisals (Individual Activity Reviews) with the DoSA.
- Traveling estimated time: > 40%.
- Hosted by Lesaffre subsidiary.
- Operate within administration rules of hosting company and Business Unit policies
- Computer, telephone, office equipment provided by the company. Company car according to the policy of the company