Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Are you an organized administrative assistant with excellent communication skills and a friendly demeanor? If so, you are encouraged to apply for the administrative assistant position with Lutheran Social Services!
This is a 30 hour per week position in the Eau Claire office. The position will support Family Preservation and Family Interactions programs as well as being the receptionist for the main Eau Claire office. Must be able to work under deadlines, able to handle high volume, multiple tasks.
Under supervision, this position provides clerical and administrative support to the agency in a variety of areas. This could include general clerical work such as word processing, creating and editing spreadsheets documents and presentations, filing, faxing, meeting and planning preparation taking minutes, as well as receptionist, project based work and other support duties as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and edits documents via word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Supports supervisor in effectively scheduling, delegating to and communicating with staff regarding tasks, responsibilities and deadlines.
- Types various documents and correspondence including meeting minutes. Proofreads all documents for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and content.
- Prepares mailing and distributions. Distributes mail to department staff.
- May take a lead in ensuring office and facilities needs are met and works with vendors as needed.
- May ensure proper running of office equipment, such as copier, fax, etc. and calling in vendor for problems or routine maintenance as needed.
- May provide receptionist duties as needed. This will include answering telephones, taking messages, scheduling appointments and greeting visitors.
- May provide program specific support, which may include billing support functions, data entry and other needed support.
- Prepares department forms and maintains supply.
- Prepares and mails letters and packages.
- Organizes and maintains files. This may be both hard copy and electronic files and databases.
- May assist in planning, scheduling and preparation for meetings and events.
- Participates in other projects and other duties, as assigned and needed.
- Collaborates with other team members and assists with projects. May assist in oversight of volunteers.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year prior administrative experience required. Associates Degree may be substituted in lieu of prior experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or equivalent) is required.
- Excellent customer focus including strong telephone skills.
- Demonstrated professional tact and decorum.
- Strong word processing skills.
- Ability to conduct internet research.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required, but will be infrequent. Rarely, would overnight travel be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.