Fincantieri Marinette Marine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Representative
at Fincantieri Marinette Marine
Job TitleHuman Resources Representative
LocationMarinette Marine Corporation-MMC62
The HR Representative assists in delivering HR functional support to Marinette Marine as an employee advocate, functional expert and business driver. The HR Representative will compile all required metrics, presentations and data points that are reflective of the HR Department efforts, goals and responsibilities. He/she will have the opportunity to work within the full scope of generalist activity: policy administration, recruitment, labor relations, performance management, regulatory & legal compliance and employee training & development in a collaborative, team based environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create metrics and presentations surrounding the improvement of recruitment, retention, attrition and all efforts of the HR Department
- Help to develop, coordinate and present development and leadership programs for all employees that support the corporate strategy and business objectives
- Support leadership development and growth, accelerate high potential employee development, and manage internal competency models
- Assist HR Manager/ Director with training delivery and training needs assessments
- Manage the Performance Management System and ensure completion dates are abided by
- May conduct new employee orientation sessions and other HR related management development training sessions
- Communicates with all management/supervisor levels, union personnel, contractors, and on-site customer personnel
- Promote a harmonious work environment by suggesting sound personnel policies
- Educate and assist managers and employees on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes, and tools (e.g., compensation, development, CBA, EEO) to ensure knowledge transfer and enhanced organizational capability related to the management and development of people
- Be open minded and able to listen to the concerns of Human Resources customers, also initiate improvements
- Policy Management: including administering/interpreting company policies and assisting the HR Manager in employment issues, labor law and employment law compliance related investigations and hearings.
- Assists employees regarding general company policy, CBA, and procedure questions. Partners with the management team to align organization to best accomplish objectives.
- Systems: utilization of the various ADP modules and analyze HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/duties as needed.
- Furnish information such as reference documents and statistical data concerning all facets of HR.
- Monitor implementation and change of policies (including those influenced by the Collective Bargaining Agreement)
- Routinely audits Company employee files and employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
- Performs administrative duties as required and additional duties as assigned.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
No Direct Supervision. Oversight/support of administrative staff may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- This requirement can also be met with an Associate's degree in a related field and at least 2 years of professional level experience or a High School Diploma and at least 4 years of professional level experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and other government compliance regulations is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Must have excellent follow-up skills with a client service mentality and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a hands-on, high volume, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various different types of data information
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government laws
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfort with and Experience utilizing metrics
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency