Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineer II - relocation included
at Materion Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Business Unit
- Advanced Materials Group
- Relocation Provided
- Engineering - Operations
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the appropriate Operations person, the Process Engineer II uses established and created procedures to provide engineering support in the areas of product and process development, troubleshooting, cost (yield and labor efficiency) improvement, product quality improvement, and cycle time reduction. This position will be assigned multiple processes and will also assist in the investigation and proposal of new production equipment, procedures, and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale-up existing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
...include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a back up to the Sr. Process Engineer and or Production Supervisors. Acts as Project Leader for continuous improvement and corrective action teams.
- Acts safely and ethically at all times and is responsible for the quality department’s safety performance. Upholds and acts according to our values, mission, and vision.
Product & Process Development:
- Working with Product Development (T&I) follows the New Product Development process completing the Manufacturing sections related to BOM, Travelers, Work Instructions, SPC, training, etc.
- Develops SOPs and Process Flow Diagrams for new products or modified equipment and procedures. Complete General Process Change control documents when implementing process changes on assigned production processes. Develops standard work and trains operators.
- Complete General Process Change control documents when implementing process changes on assigned production processes.
- Participates in New Process Development Reviews.
- Complete Process Audits and resolves audit findings.
- Determines critical process metrics that can be monitored on a regular basis. Works with Quality Engineering to develop and implement Statistical Process Controls for assigned production processes. Provide support in the collection and interpretation of metric data (e.g. SPC charting).
- Develops and maintains FMEA’s and Control Plans for assigned processes.
- Ensure that safety and process hazard reviews are conducted for new or modified equipment and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems with existing equipment and processes. Recommend solutions to such problems and implement solutions after review.
- Investigates and proposes new production procedures and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale-up existing processes. Utilizing the General Process Change control system completes implementation of changes, providing progress reports and financial evaluations.
- Runs test programs to identify key variables for process optimization using sound Continuous Improvement techniques (such as ANOVA, DOE). Collect and analyze data from tests. Develops conclusions and recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Completes Continuous Improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma & Lean techniques that improve key metrics (Cost of Quality, Customer Complaint metrics, Yield, Productivity) that increase organizational effectiveness and reduces cycle time.
- Apply 8D disciplines for complaint resolution including root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative actions for any complaints for the assigned area.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Prefer field of study/major in: Chemical Engineering, Ceramic or Materials Engineering.
- Requires 3 to 5 years professional experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- AutoCAD experience
- Maintenance and/or Project Management experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective facilitation skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Solid mechanical and controls aptitude.
- Ability to work well on teams with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Willingness to learn new skills, work habits and procedures.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets and data analysis.
- Ability to initiate creative processing methods.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Green belt a plus.