Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College Experience Specialist
at Mid-State Technical College
Deliver exceptional start-to-finish one-stop customer service.
Typical hours for this position are Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure high quality first impression for and provide exceptional service to Mid-State Technical College students, campus guests, and employees within the Student Services and Information Center by applying customer service skills, knowledge, advocacy, and professional judgment to address student and guest inquiries related to admissions, registration, records, counseling and advising, financial aid, and enrollment.
Respond to a variety of in-person or phone inquiries pertaining to college services making appropriate referrals as needed.
Use in-depth knowledge of college policies and processes to analyze status of student records and answer questions.
Provide support in the areas of registration, admissions, advising/counseling and enrollment services to include appointment scheduling, arranging meetings and appointments; maintaining office supplies; and coordinating work requests.
Utilize software applications including customer relationship management system, student information system, and learning management system.
Collect tuition and fees and set up payment plans.
Perform data entry to support enrollment functions.
Provide support to Student Services, which may include assisting with registration and advising; entering inquiries into the customer relationship management (CRM) system; assisting students with completing and processing applications; assisting with on-campus events; communicating with students; processing results for transcripts; and scheduling appointments.
Handle sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in related field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of associate’s degree.
Minimum of one year of prior office experience in a setting which utilized current office technology required.
Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and PeopleSoft applications, or the ability to learn and use PeopleSoft. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Meet and exceed (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term disability; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting August 12, 2019. Applications received on or after August 12th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.