Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College Experience Specialist
at Mid-State Technical College
Deliver exceptional start-to-finish one-stop customer service for the Student Services and Information Center
while providing accounting support to Business Services.
Full-time position with general hours of: Tuesday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., with occasional evening hours as needed. Hours are subject to variation based on college needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure high quality first impression for and provide exceptional service to Mid-State Technical College
students, campus guests, and employees within the Student Services and Information Center by applying
customer service skills, knowledge, advocacy, and professional judgment to address student and guest
inquiries related to admissions, registration, records, counseling and advising, financial aid, and enrollment.
Respond to a variety of in-person or phone inquiries pertaining to college services making appropriate referrals
Use in-depth knowledge of college policies and processes to analyze status of student records and answer
Provide support in the areas of registration, admissions, advising/counseling and enrollment services to include
appointment scheduling, arranging meetings and appointments; maintaining office supplies; and coordinating
Utilize software applications including customer relationship management system, student information system,
and learning management system.
Collect tuition and fees.
Perform data entry to support enrollment functions.
Perform general office duties, which may include coordinating and maintaining office supplies, copiers, and
printers; making room reservations; submitting facilities work requests; processing incoming and outgoing mail;
and submitting media service requests.
Provide accounting support to include managing financial transactions; campus revenue reporting; bank
deposit functions; maintaining petty cash; performing monthly bank reconciliation; tuition and fees collection;
assisting with calendar and fiscal year-end processes; reconciling PeopleSoft and point of sale transactions;
preparing and processing external billings for students and corporations; and working with student club
Assume lead role for the Marshfield Campus bookstore, which includes working with bookstore POS software;
textbook inventory; processing online book requests; transferring of books between campuses; and resolving
Provide backup administrative support, which may include creating and maintaining documents and files;
scheduling; generating reports; reporting to regulatory agencies; completing various forms; scheduling,
attending, and taking minutes at meetings; and processing billing authorizations, purchasing card statements,
and mileage reimbursements.
Handle sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business required.
Minimum of two years of accounting, banking, and/or general office work experience required.
Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and PeopleSoft applications, or the ability to
learn and use PeopleSoft. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Meet and exceed (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g. people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term disability; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting August 19, 2019. Applications received on or after August 19th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.