Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mid-State Technical College
Teach, mentor, role model, and guide student learning. Create and maintain a dynamic, innovative, and positive learning environment.
This position is for limited-term employment, with an anticipated end date of 6/30/2020.
Duties & Responsibilities
Plan, prepare, and deliver instruction of assigned courses using a variety of teaching methods to facilitate student learning. Depending on program/discipline, courses may be taught in the classroom, lab/shop, outdoor locations, clinical sites, and/or online and may include day and/or evening classes.
Responsible for the development, updating, revision, and maintenance of program/discipline curriculum and instructional materials.
Responsible for student advisement including working closely with academic advisors and providing support to assist in achievement of learning and career goals and facilitate retention in program/College.
Assist with student recruitment, registration, and job placement including representing the College and/or program at on- and off- campus events and on-going networking with employers.
Assist with program/discipline budgeting including managing program-specific funds in the annual budget; recommending, purchasing, installing, and maintaining equipment; purchasing and upgrading software; and materials and supplies purchasing and inventory.
Responsible for classroom management including maintaining accurate student attendance and grade reports as well as maintaining a clean, organized environment with an emphasis on safety.
Responsible for the assessment, documentation, and enhancement of student learning by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting attainment of learning outcomes; and related records maintenance.
Assist with advisory committee member recruitment and retention; attend advisory committee meetings, and work with advisory committee(s) in developing, validating, and regularly updating program content/outcomes.
Establish and maintain positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including co-workers, employers, area high schools, and professional organizations.
Actively participate in program/discipline planning, department/division planning, in-services, College-wide and other professional development opportunities, and regional/state/national meetings and activities.
Maintain professional/technical knowledge and skills including currency in assigned discipline, required occupational certification/licensing, and instructional technology/delivery methods.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required, or must be enrolled in a Master's degree in Nursing program.
Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of recent occupational experience as a registered nurse in acute care, long-term care, or equivalent within the past five years required.
Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin or a state belonging to the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
WI Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) requirements.
Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills, positive interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills in educating adult learners.
Must possess ability to:
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Engage an individual in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviors, skills, or knowledge needed to ensure performance improvement or prepare for success in new responsibilities.
- Establish an action plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
- Ensure excellence in instruction and student learning.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting May 22, 2019. Applications received on or after May 22nd may be considered in a secondary pool.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.