Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mid-State Technical College
Work closely with program development and evaluation as well as institutional research to provide assistance on research projects; compile and/or code data; engage focus groups; conduct research to support grant needs statements; assist with state reporting requirements (e.g. graduate follow-up survey) and survey data collection.
Duties & Responsibilities
Collect, prepare, and distribute labor market information as needed for program development, program review, marketing, and special projects.
Collect, prepare, and report state-mandated surveys (e.g. graduate follow-up, employer surveys) as well as nationally normed surveys including the Ruffalo Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory and the Community College Survey of Student Engagement.
Support the Data Reporting Analyst in distribution and collection of internal surveys such needs assessments, advisory committee surveys, and other ad hoc surveys.
Support the Manager, Institutional Effectiveness & Quality in assessment and institutional effectiveness activities and documentation needed for compliance and accreditation.
In coordination with the Data Reporting Analyst, provide research assistance in the development of academic programs, including quantitative and qualitative data elements.
Pull data, perform research and provide content for a statement of need in grants along with crafting a comprehensive evaluation plan for grant proposals.
Assist with the preparation of project-related reports, documentation, and presentations.
Support the Manager, Institutional Effectiveness & Quality in strategic planning research and documentation.
Conduct effective quality assurance checks and recommend corrections where necessary to continuously increase the accuracy and reliability of data.
Assist Manager, Institutional Effectiveness & Quality by providing support in meeting the data and analysis needs of various areas to support the decision-making process and assess quality initiatives.
Perform collection of qualitative and quantitative data, including focus groups, interviews, telephone surveys and questionnaires.
Recruit participants for focus groups, employer committees, etc. primarily by phone and email.
Conduct project-related web research.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as psychology, sociology, business management, education, data analytics or other related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term disability; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting October 3, 2019. Applications received on or after October 3rd may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.