Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mid-State Technical College
Oversee physical safety and security of the College’s property, students, employees and visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Direct the hiring, supervision, training, scheduling, coaching and evaluation of student security staff.
Provide guidance in college-wide safety initiatives.
Strategically plan and direct the College’s emergency management plan.
Respond to and investigate crisis/emergent situations during normal operational hours and after hours.
Provide security presence at all Mid-State locations.
Strategically plan and supervise college-wide security efforts to ensure safety of student, staff and visitors.
Provide instruction and training to College on crisis intervention, risk assessment and personal safety.
Advise senior leadership on interpretation and application of laws, rules, regulations and policies which may impact campus safety and security.
Develop plans for building security systems, conducting security inspections, and recommending prevention/corrective measure as necessary to supervisor.
Coordinate incident response, reporting and data collection in compliance with federal and state requirements.
Responsible for Clery Reporting.
Maintain and publish annual Student & Employee Right to Know.
Serve as administrator for Rave Alert and MSDS Online.
Coordinate fulfillment of first aid kit with external vendor.
Actively participate in Title IX investigations, training and discussion.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in related field required.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field required.
Preference will be given to those with experience in law enforcement/public safety.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Office required.
Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Achieve a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Identify and understand problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choose the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generate and evaluate alternatives, and make timely decisions; take action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities; use newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learn through their application.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include pro-rated paid time off and holidays.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting August 6, 2019. Applications received on or after August 6th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.