Mid-State Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Support Technician
at Mid-State Technical College
Provide primary instructional technology support throughout the District to faculty, staff, Board of Directors, and presenters at meetings and events.
Hours for this position are Monday - Thursday from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide Level 1 media collaboration, video conferencing, and instructional technology support.
Install audio-visual equipment including programming and troubleshooting of various audio-visual control and switching devices.
Set up audiovisual equipment and provide support for meetings and special events. Record, archive, and distribute media produced from special events and college board meetings.
Provide system and hardware inventory documentation.
Produce digital media.
Serve as backup to Senior Technology Support Technician.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in related field or Certified Technology Specialist certification required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of two years of experience deploying and supporting audiovisual equipment, preferably Crestron and/or Extron based systems, and Cisco videoconferencing systems.
Basic understanding of network (LAN/WAN), IP telephony, wireless, VPN access and application cloud based services.
Knowledge of electronic equipment and servicing; audiovisual equipment specifications, operating characteristics, and installation requirements; digital video production techniques; office computer applications.
Knowledge of desktop technology and troubleshooting preferred.
Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
Must possess ability to:
- Place a high priority on the (internal or external) customer’s perspective when making decisions and taking action; implement service practices that meet the customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Identify and understand problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choose the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generate and evaluate alternatives, and make timely decisions; take action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjust effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Take prompt action to accomplish work goals; take action to achieve results beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and approach toward work.
Must embrace Mid-State’s core values of student centeredness, commitment, accountability, respect, integrity, and exceptional service.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short-term disability; long-term disability; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending account; Wisconsin Retirement System; 403(b) and 457; employee assistance program; educational assistance; and employee wellness program.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application. You should have the following information available when completing an application:
- Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
- Employment History
- Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered.
Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from email@example.com. Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting December 17, 2019. Applications received on or after December 17th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimize Your Online Application Experience
Below you will find a few technical tips to help ensure a positive and successful online application experience:
- Be sure to fill in each field in the application. You will receive an error message at the time of submission and your application will not be submitted if each required field is not filled in.
- Avoid clicking the back, forward, or refresh buttons while applying. Doing so will interfere with the submission and may result in data loss.
- Clear your browser's temporary files/cache and cookies prior to beginning the application.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- Do not bookmark or favorite the application. Navigate to the careers site each time you wish to access your saved/submitted application.
- Your application session will remain open for 24 hours assuming you do not close your browser. To ensure submission, complete the application process within that time frame.
- The following browsers are currently supported:
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
- The following operating systems are currently supported:
Windows 7 and 8, both 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as Mac OS 10.6 and greater.
If you experience issues in submitting your online application, please contact Human Resources at 715.422.5568.