National Guardian Life Insurance Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Madison - Downtown
- Scheduled Hours
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri)
Preparing the work to be processed timely by the entire claims staff is the key component of this position. The employee must assist the claims team with a varying degree of clerical tasks as a primary responsibility of this job. This includes the timely processing of faxes, new claim notifications, filing, retrieving voice messages and indexing of mail. The employee must be able to accurately and quickly enter data into both our administration and document management systems. Expectations include an average of 200+ pieces of claim indexing per day along with other duties and work assigned. This position also provides assistance on ad-hoc projects as needed and assigned.
- Accurately Administer the Claims Fax Processing Queues
- Process Mail and Create Death Claim Indexes
- Monitor and Process Claim Outstanding Checks
- Help ensure that team standards and goals are maintained
- Complete assigned projects, tasks, and/or milestones by agreed upon due date
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of NGL procedures.
- Basic communication skills--oral and written.
- Ability to transfer information correctly between systems.
- Ability to prioritize work
- General PC, Phone and office machine knowledge.
- Typing skills of at least 45 words per minute and 5500 keystrokes per hour alphanumeric.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance according to written company policy.
Education and Training:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Two year’s customer service or office assistant experience required.