Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Engineer
at PatientKeeper Inc.
PatientKeeper – a leading provider of healthcare applications for physicians – is now part of HCA, the largest provider of healthcare services in the U.S. With growth come new opportunities, so we are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Services Team.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work with leading edge technologies troubleshooting and resolving technical and usage issues on handheld, web interface, and server products. You will play a critical role in ensuring the quality and reliability of PatientKeeper's applications. PatientKeeper helps healthcare providers spend more time solving patients’ problems and less time solving IT problems.
A combination of exceptional technical aptitude, analytical skills, customer service orientation and communications skills are crucial for success in this position.
- Technical support of PatientKeeper applications via phone, email, and web in a team setting
- Navigate, troubleshoot, and resolve application, system, and network connectivity issues on handheld devices and personal computers remotely
- Document and maintain support cases in company CRM (SalesForce)
- Provide explanations of application functionality and usage to clients
- Document solutions to problems and contribute to knowledge base
- Interface with Product Management and Product Development to improve product design and quality
- Collaborate with Product Development, QA, and Development teams on product issues and bug resolution
- At times, installation and configuration support for Technical Services deployment team
- Must carry mobile phone for off-hours accessibility on a rotating schedule
- Some travel may be needed
Training, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience
Technical and Support Skills:
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Comfortable balancing project work with interrupt-driven responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation (i.e., patience and poise under the pressure of solving a real time client service issue)
- Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving ability; eager learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interpret technical situations and effectively communicate to lay audience
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Basic knowledge of HL7
- Prior experience in Healthcare industry
- Understanding of clinical workflows
For more information about us visit our career page/video at http://www.patientkeeper.com/about-us/careers.html