Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Promega Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Location : City
JOB OBJECTIVE: Apply packaging and problem solving skills to support rapid business growth, new product launch, cost reduction, resource utilization, efficiency and quality.
1. Packaging Design – Work with Packaging Engineers as well as external packaging consultants to support development of packaging designs. Assist in the design of primary packaging to provide a positive end user experience as well as ease of filling and manufacturing. Support the identification and design of secondary kit packaging and distribution packaging. Develop appropriate and accurate specifications for all packaging materials as directed by Packaging Engineers. Develop the assembly processes to support production of kits using all packaging materials. CAD work, part drawings, material specifications, and test report generation.
2. Process Improvement – Support Packaging Engineers and outside vendors to test and implement new or improved processes or materials.
3. Quality – Assist in root cause analysis, line trial, data generation to ensure product quality remains at a high standard while fostering an environment of continuous improvement. Assist in the development of tests for use on incoming raw materials.
4. Packaging Lab – Support the effective operations of the packaging lab and ensure sample materials are available for kit configuration and packaing development activities. Conduct package testing and evaluation of new and existing products. Use sample development capabilities and sampling equipment to generate packaging solutions for new products as well as custom kit configurations. Use measurement systems for component analysis as directed by Packaging Engineers. Maintain equipment calibration through use of internal metrology department.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide support to Management for special projects or duties.
2. Present updates and departmental information at various meetings.
3. Attend relevant packaging meetings and technical seminars.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Excellent problem solving skills.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail.
1. Five or more years of packaging engineering support responsible for self driven technical solutions.
2. Certified Packaging Professional-in-Training (CPIT) with the Institute of Packaging Professionals.
3. Experience in an ISO, FDA cGMP, or USDA regulated environment.
1. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
2. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
3. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical, biological and packaging materials.
4. Ability to lift 50lbs unaided.
5. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, trade shows, etc.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.