Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant, Delavan, 8:00a - 6:00p, 72hrs/2 wks
Flexible Full Time Hourly (60-79 ppp) FTE .75-.99
Work Hours: 8:00a - 6:00p (Variable day to day)
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
- This position is located in our Delavan Family Practice clinic
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Rooms patients, collects assessment data and prepares patient according to specific need.
- Assists in examination, treatment and other clinic procedures.
- Assists with laboratory procedures, screening tests and QI projects.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
- Greet and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
- Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Collects payment from patients and issues receipt.
- Prepares and maintains patient charts.
- Maintains and orders supplies.
Education and Experience
Graduate of a medical assistant program accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), or graduate of a medical assistant program in a postsecondary school or college that has institutional accreditation by a regional accrediting commission or by a national accrediting organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Experience in clinic setting preferred.
Current CMA certification through the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) or RMA certification through the AMT (American Medical Technologists) or CCMA (Certified Clinical Medical Assistant) through NHA (National Healthcareer Association) that have also completed the education requirements.
Approved CPR or BLS certification required within 90 days.
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.Manual dexterity needed to operate equipment, perform procedures, operate telephone and keyboard. Must be able to lift and transfer patients. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; handle, finger and feel; reach; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell. This job requires the employee to exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and 25 to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Pushing and pulling equipment to provide care Specific vision abilities required by this job include frequent close vision. Occasionally distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.