Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIETICIAN CLINICAL 1
Pool (PRN) FTE .0001
Work Hours: 6am-8pm
Screens and assesses nutritional status of patients / residents. Develops and implements care plans, coordinating services with medical staff and ancillary services. Participates in clinical Quality Improvement activities for the department. Enters clinical charges into the computer. Provides nutrition education for patients / residents. Represents the Health System as a nutrition resource person. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screens and assesses patients’ status for nutritional risk factors per protocol. This may include gathering information on the nutrition history, medical record review, anthropometrics.
- Prepares Nutrition assessment based upon information obtained from history, including recommendation of appropriate diet prescription. Plans nutrition care goals, completes timely follow-up and documentation in the medical record. Develops and implements plan of care based assessment of nutritional needs and available sources, and correlates plan with other healthcare. Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow up continuity of care. Consults with physicians and other health care professionals to determine patient’s nutritional needs and diet restrictions.
- Organizes daily tasks to complete needed activities in a timely manner. Participates as a team player with the rest of the clinical nutrition staff by communicating effectively and identifying priority duties. Participates in clinical meetings to discuss policy and procedures and other topics.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care rounds by providing input regarding patient nutrition status. Discusses nutrition related problems with medical, nursing, and ancillary staff to improve nutrition status of assigned patients.
- Maintains accurate records and assists in statistical analysis of data. Assists in developing new programs including business plans as needed. Assists in developing policies and procedures as appropriate. Completes data for Clinical Productivity monthly.
- Participates in food tasting panels, test trays, meal rounds, etc. to achieve / maintain above average ratings on patient satisfaction surveys. Inspects meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and for standards of palatability and appearance.
- Provides nutrition education to patients, the community, students and other health care professionals. Develops nutrition education materials, programs, displays, etc.
- Maintains CEU’s as required for registration and licensure. Attends Mandatory Inservice and completes online education as requested.
CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behavior expectations:
Quality - Follows policies and procedures; adapts to and manages changes in the environment; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness giving attention to details; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Manages time and prioritizes effectively to achieve organizational goals.
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance; Follows the Mercyhealth Critical Moments of service; Meets commitments; Abides by MH confidentiality and security agreement; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; and effectively communicates information to partners; Thinks system wide regarding processes and functions.
Partnering - Shows commitment to the Mission of Mercyhealth and Culture of Excellence through all words and actions; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views; Demonstrates a high level of participation and engagement in day-to-day work; Gives and welcomes feedback; Generates suggestions for improving work: Embraces teamwork, supports and encourages positive change while giving value to individuals.
Cost - Conserves organization resources; Understands fiscal responsibility; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or University in Dietetics, Food Service, Food and Nutrition or related. Completion of an accredited or approved supervised practice program
Registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration or eligible with registration within one year of hire.
State certification / licensure to meet state specific laws for practice as a Dietitian or licensure within one year of hire.
Passing the Driver’s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring).
Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or IL Health Care Workers Background Check.
Must be able to follow written/oral instructions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Good interpretive / analytical skills,
Good interpersonal / communication skills
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Occupational Exposure: Category B -Some partners in the specified job classification have occupational exposure.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Neonate (birth – 28 days)
Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
Pediatric (1 year – 12 years)
Adolescents (13 years – 17 years)
Adult (18 years – 64 years)
Geriatric (65 years and older)
Partner may access patient care information needed to perform their job duties.
WORK CONTACT GROUP
Partners, physicians, patients/family, visitors, vendors, other hospital and clinic personnel
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. Good manual dexterity to operate keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally has prolonged periods of sitting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Some independent judgment is required, but alternatives are limited by standard practices or procedures.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities