Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (CNA)
Pool (PRN) FTE .0001
Work Hours: 8 to 5
JOB SUMMARY :
Provides Home Health Aide/CNA cares for a variety of age groups including pediatric, youth, and adults across the age span. Other duties as assigned. Largest population serviced is the geriatric population. Assists clients to rehabilitate or maintain current level of function by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows an assignment sheet developed by the Registered Nurse.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform all the basic skills/competencies listed on the self-assessment sills checklist including bathing, transferring, use of medical equipment including Hoyer Lift, Catheter Care, Incontinent Care, Oral Hygiene, Range of Motion, Intake/Output monitoring, Positioning, Medical oriented tasks including simple wound care, Vital signs including temp, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure, and may also perform some household services as assigned including bed making, care of patient area.
• Performs variety of miscellaneous duties as requested and outlined by the registered nurse or therapist.
• Maintains records of services and medically orientated tasks as performed.
• Observes, identifies, responds to and reports changes/abnormal findings in a timely manner.
• Documents all performed services in an accurate and timely manner per agency policy.
• Utilizes principles of growth and development throughout the life span.
• Adheres to all organizational safety, risk management, and infection control guidelines on the job at all times.
AGE OF PATIENT POPULATION All age groups.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Quality - Follows policies and procedures.; Adapts to changes in the environment.; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.; Applies feedback to improve performance..
Service - Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance.; Meets commitments.; Abides by MHS confidentiality and security agreement.; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Attitude: Supports mission of Mercy Assisted Care and Mercy Health System, and department. Exhibits positive attitude toward organization, job, and partners, Negative comments will not occur. Participates and contributes by speaking up and voicing input, suggestions, and concerns.
Partnering - Supports organization's goal and values.; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views.; Gives and welcomes feedback.; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Cost - Conserves organization resources..
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. Speaks fluent English.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines apportion beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of Certified Nursing Assistant Training course. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wisconsin Certified Nursing Assistant certification required.
CPR preferred (we can provide this training).
Passing the Driver’s License Check and/or Credit Check (for those positions requiring)
Passing the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or Illinois Health Care Workers Background Check
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Two years of experience preferred. Valid Wisconsin drivers license with proof of insurance. Own reliable transportation and ability to drive throughout agency service area. Must be able to speak fluent English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Category A=All employees in the specified job classification have occupational exposure.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
LEVEL OF SUPV/SUPERVISES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Computer experience as plus but not required. Will be required to check email and to take online courses using computer system.