Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, IT -Technical Architecture & Engineering
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Director, IT -Technical Architecture & Engineering
No. of Positions
The Technical Architecture & Engineering Director role is to ensure Rockwell Automation’s technology capabilities, solutions, and processes are enabling our business strategy. This role will act as both a champion of change and the facilitator of empowerment to help guide business and technology team’s decision making.
- Inspire a consistent vision for how Rockwell Automation adopts, consumes, and deprecates technology capabilities.
- Evangelize technical capabilities that will directly impact our ability to improve velocity, feedback cycles, and create value.
- Remove barriers to new technology adoption and establish guardrails to localize technical decisions.
- Identify and drive the technical up skilling of key roles and activities.
- Work closely with VP, EA&S and BU’s on new technology products & pilot implementation strategies demonstrating the connected enterprise capabilities internally and externally.
- Support Rockwell for Rockwell” (RfR) pilot development and management to help showcase Rockwell products and services in Rockwell facilities
- Work to promote and enable operational excellence across the technical organization.
- Partner with various teams to bring an integrated security and quality mindset into everything we do.
- EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. WE will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 12+ years of technical service-oriented architecture, product build and delivery experience, and deep knowledge of cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. MBA or higher technical degree preferred
- Change leadership and organizational transformation experience.
- Partner effectively across all business units and with key customers to drive large-scale, global initiatives
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to deliver large enterprise wide vision, values, principles and strategies to guide decision making.
- Comfortable facilitating large and complex conversations across multiple technical domains.
- Hand-on experiences with socializing, generating, updating, and communicating technical governance.
- Track record of successful strategic influences and measured outcomes.
- Experience delivering rapid architectural governance in an agile methodology.
- Ability to drive value stream conversations and to coach teams to challenge the status quo.
- Previous hands-on expertise in multiple domains: SAP, EPR, BI, PaaS, DevOps, CI/CD, software engineering
- Previous successes in designing and delivering global SaaS based services.
- Experience in leading digital transformations focused on business enablement.
- Understanding of industrial environments, IT/OT convergence, and IIOT.
- A BS or BSE degree in a related field; MS/MSE preferred.
- Strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Unwavering commitment to, and the ability to model, the standards of behavior set in our Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in colleagues, the company and industry.
- Ability to adapt to, and assist colleagues to work through change and support change management processes.
- Ability to retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate with other IT members.
- High sense of urgency.
- Ability to support and challenge business leaders.
- Acts as a coach, thought leader and sounding board for business or function.
- Act courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as required.
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in decision-making.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict, and stress.
- Ability to influence and obtains results through others within Rockwell in a respectful way.
- Open mindset and willingness to learn and promote new philosophies to impact culture and organizational transformation initiatives
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Austin - Texas, Milwaukee - Wisconsin