Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RR Donnelley
Provide local and/or regional level procurement activity execution and support. Participate in the implementation of standard procurement methodology, tools and processes. Source materials / services in alignment with strategic plan. Support GTS commodity strategies at a local level. Demonstrate knowledge of price and cost analysis tools to drive cost savings on a smaller scale.
Responsibilities: Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. May receive guidance on how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures but may require interpretation to meet unique business needs. Work may be reviewed by senior level staff or by management.
- Execute order placement and issuance of PO's in accordance with policies/procedures
- Responsible for timely blocked invoice resolution and avoidance in alignment with best practices.
- Participates in Sourcing process improvement initiatives including project planning and implementation under planned timetables and supervision
- Delivers appropriate communication to internal/external stakeholders to meet the needs of Operations.
- Collaborates with Sourcing Commodity Manager to communicate purchasing category best practices
- Collaborates with internal partners to communicate utilization of preferred suppliers
- Under supervision uses data to conduct price & cost analysis to drive savings
- Participates in and conducts negotiations on smaller scale projects to achieve department objectives
- Partners with Operations and Commodity Manager to resolve contractual issues
- Works with internal partners to ensure supplier contribution and performance requirements are met
- Participates in the implementation of training, policy and procedure materials
- Ability to participate on cross-functional teams across functional boundaries
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to translate previous work experience in to very good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
3) Able to apply very good functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
4) Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
5) Requires knowledge of price and cost analysis.
6) Experience in influencing and persuading stakeholders and suppliers and some experience with supplier management
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.