Senior Housing Management
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Senior Housing Management
Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for a Culinary Service Coordinator.
The Culinary Service Coordinator delivers Red Carpet Treatment to Residents, Visitors and Team Members by assuming overall responsibility for operating the Culinary Service Department in a quality manner. This includes responsibility for the total operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, related storage spaces, and administrative duties as specified in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare schedule for Assistant Cooks and Culinary Service Aides.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and discipline of staff.
- Present in-services for staff.
- Complete 30-day review, 90-day review and semi-annual reviews.
- Train each new employee, thoroughly, in his/her duties and in the Policies & Procedures, as they relate to their position.
- Assure quality food preparation and presentation, is achieved by Assistant Cook, Culinary Service Aides, and Resident Assistants.
- Plan menus minimizing leftovers, prepare food, serve meals, do dishes.
- Cook 4 days per week on average
- Develop and make changes to full service “Anytime” menu.
- Be in attendance in dining room during meal service.
- Supervise kitchen, dining room, dish room and related storage areas.
- Maintain food storage and rotation.
- Order food and supplies, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen equipment, food and supplies and perform annual inventory of all items related to culinary service.
- Comply with all regulations concerning food storage and storage of hazardous materials.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Enforce and comply with company dress policy to ensure food is safely prepared.
- Enforce and comply with use of Personal Protective Equipment, for self and staff, when required.
- Responsible for taking temps, and monitoring cleaning schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring proper sanitation practices and procedures in the culinary service department and training appropriate staff.
- Attend weekly scheduling and planning meeting.
- Bi-weekly staff in-service.
- Provide culinary service meetings.
- Use proper body mechanics when lifting or pushing carts.
- Be a part of the safety team and committees, as assigned.
- Follow all Policies & Procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Manager immediately.
- Maintain a 3-day supply of dry goods, in case of an emergency evacuation.
- Be responsible for garbage control.
- Assist in preparing the dining room for an activity.
- Responsible for meeting any maintenance needs for any culinary service department repairs by contacting appropriate vendors and getting repair quotes approved by the Manager.
- Review and follow up on incident reports within your dept.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Be a team player and perform various other duties, as requested by the Manager.
- Uphold confidentiality and Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Comply with all regulations as they apply to assisted living.
- Comply with all the Community policies.
- Fill in for Assistant Cooks or Culinary Service Aides, when needed.
- Other duties assigned.
- Maintain inventory of all culinary service equipment and supplies and perform annual inventory of all items related to culinary service.
- Keep within the budget guidelines and do cost analysis.
- Respond to calls for urgent assistance from residents of the Community and to respond to fire alarms, or other emergencies.
- Respond, when necessary, to the Emergency Call System when it is activated, and take appropriate action.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Approved Food Service Certificate
- Knowledge of basic culinary service management
- Preferred Culinary Arts degree
- Two year’s related experience related to culinary or hospitality services
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Professional confidentiality
- Well-developed people skills
- Problem solving skills
- Calm, friendly demeanor
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.