St. Croix Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Coding Specialist
at St. Croix Regional Medical Center
- St Croix Falls, WI, USA
- Full Time
Saint Croix Regional Medical Center:
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care through our 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and 5 clinic locations. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience. We want everybody to leave our facilities knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls (clinic and critical access hospital), Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a clinic in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a 1.0 FTE (80 hours bi-weekly) Certified Coding Specialist. Working shifts for this opportunity will be Monday-Friday daytime hours. Telecommuting will be available after training is completed. The Certified Coding Specialist is responsible for diagnosis and procedure coding of patient records in accordance with correct coding initiative guidelines and regulatory requirements. This position will provide feedback to providers and revenue producing departments. The Certified Coding Specialist will work coding denials in a timely manner.
Certified Coding Specialist Essential Duties:
- Daily coding of clinic visits, outpatient services, inpatient professional fees/facility fees, and surgical procedures.
- Communicating with providers, giving feedback on general coding and documentation.
- Working with the billing team on denials.
- Recognizing when additional information or docummentation is required to accurately code a record.
- Participating in the chart audit process and providing feedback to providers regarding audit results and other documentation trends.
- Providing quality customer service and communication to all departments, providers, coworkers and all other entities where there is interaction.
- Minor responsibilities include maintaining patient confidentiality and protection of health information security; adhering to all policies, procedures and practice guidelines, promoting teamwork with all members of the healthcare team and continuing to seek opporunitites for improving processes and workflows; acting as a mentor/coach to newly hired coding staff on appropriate coding guidelines; making suggestions for necessary educational opportunities; answering all questions a coder may ask in a respectful and professional manner, contributing to the Coding Department team goals.
Qualifications of the Certified Coding Specialist:
Education & Licensure:
- Graduate of a certified coding program or Health Information Technology/Management Program (RHIT/RHIA) or equivalent work experience required
- Certification through AAPC or AHIMA required
- Minimum of 2-3 years coding experience required
- Epic experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure coding principals
- Thorough understanding of CPT and HCPCS coding principals
- Knowledge of revenue codes and filling requirements
- PC, keyboard and basic computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include communications with medical staff and other professionals
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.