St. Croix Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at St. Croix Regional Medical Center
- St Croix Falls, WI, USA
- Full Time
About St. Croix Regional Medical Center:
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience, regardless of whether their stay is just for an hour or a couple of days. We want everybody to leave our facility knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls, Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a facility in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is seeking a full-time Hospitalist to join the team at our busy critical access hospital. The majority of care is bread and butter inpatient medicine. We also provide palliative care, cover all surgical specialties, and lower acuity ICU care. We have a robust full-time, employed specialty group that supports the hospital making for a collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
The team will be a rotation with two other hospitalists. Shifts: 7 days on/7 days off, 7 days on/14 days off. The shifts are 12 hour days (7am-7pm on-site; no call or nocturnist work). Overnight coverage is provided by Tele-hospitalist.
The physician is responsible for direct patient care under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer in accordance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, the policies of the Medical Center, and the principles and ethics of their profession.
The Essential Duties of the Hospitalist position:
- Assessment, evaluation, diagnostic determination, on-going treatment and clinical management, necessary referral for consultation, care planning and modification, medications/therapeutic orders, transfer authorization, risk assessment, and when appropriate, determination of readiness and planning for discharge for inpatients.
- Direct contact and consultation with patient family members/support members and others to ensure effective communication of patient status and care plans, and to encourage/support an open visitor- friendly environment within the medical/hospital environment.
- Extensive and on-going communications with community primary care physicians who routinely manage the care of patients currently in the hospital.
- Day-to-day patient contact/rounding/care management that actively encourages and includes professional input from all members of the patient care team.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Work to create a positive work culture within cross-departmental teams and align this work with other Hospital Medicine initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the hospitalist team (physicians and advanced practice providers).
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Qualifications of the Hospitalist:
Education & Licensure:
- Medical degree from accredited University
- Internal Medicine/Hospitalist Residency trained
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Wisconsin
- Current unrestricted DEA registration
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing hospital care to a variety of patients
- Ability to provide palliative care, post-operative surgery care and lower acuity ICU care is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with hospital and clinic staff, patients and other providers
- Ability to educate patients and their families regarding their medical conditions and prescribed treatments
- Able to prioritize time and patient demands, fluctuate schedule to adapt to inpatient load
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an EEO/AAP Employer.